Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HappyPinkHair15172
Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside

Preloved Bridal Salons

HappyPinkHair15172, 11 of February of 2021 at 17:33

Posted on Planning 39

HI all. I've had a lot of time to think over lockdown. Please bear with me on this, I'm canvassing for opinions and initial thoughts only, not looking for endorsements or anything else! I noticed that there are no preloved bridal salons other than Bridal Reloved, and they are a national chain. There...

HI all.

I've had a lot of time to think over lockdown. Please bear with me on this, I'm canvassing for opinions and initial thoughts only, not looking for endorsements or anything else!

I noticed that there are no preloved bridal salons other than Bridal Reloved, and they are a national chain. There are no bridal shops anywhere near me offering preloved dresses. I know of a couple of online stores but none of them are even in my area of the country. Of course, with an online store you don't get any of the excitement of an in-person shopping experience, either

I was thinking of perhaps looking into opening a preloved, affordable bridal shop in my area, but wanted to know what people thought of preloved bridal and occasion wear in general?

Also, do you think a bricks and mortar style business would be welcome, post-pandemic?

If you would consider buying preloved, what would you want from the store/staff? I would be offering alterations through a dedicated bridal seamstress.

My idea is that the shopping experience would be just like at a "new" salon, a glass of fizz, the full experience, just without the price tag. It would allow brides to sell their used dresses, help the bridal industry with it's dreadful sustainability issues, and help brides who want to get the most bang for their buck. (and hopefully provide me with a job!)

Please let me have your thoughts. As I say, it really is just a vague idea at this stage, but I would be very grateful for your thoughts.

Cheers

Ali

39 replies

• HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Fiona,
    We're opening on 12th April. Www.blueandsixpence.co.uk

Literally hundreds of gowns arrived on Thursday!
    Hope this helps Ali xx
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Daisy

Thanks so much for all your lovely positive support and comments! We open our doors on 12th April!
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Whoo hoo! What a ride it's been!

I opened the doors to Blue & Sixpence, my ethical, environmentally responsible bridal boutique on Monday! I am shattered, anxious, happy and excited all at the same time!

No appointments booked in as yet, so if anyone fancies maybe popping in and giving me some feedback on the shop, I'd really appreciate it!

I'm in south Liverpool, about 10 mins from the end of the A5300, just at the end of the M62.

I've tried to create a business listing on here, but still waiting for Hitched to validate my application!

You can find out more about me and what I'm doing here.......

www.blueandsixpence.co.uk.

Thanks to all who have contributed their thoughts and ideas so far!

• L
    Beginner October 2021 West Midlands
    L M ·
    • Hide content
    Hi

Amazing idea!!! I wanted to do the same for curvier woman but to offer afternoon tea as part of experience!!!! After looking at wedding dresses for a while. Purchasing it has been so difficult not just with Covid restrictions. Big size. Big budget!!! So I ended up buying a pre loved gown. Best thing I did!!! I really think your idea is great. Offering alterations. Contacts for other suppliers and a personal touch makes for a better bride experience. Good luck!!
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for your encouragement! I do offer complimentary light refreshments, but afternoon tea is not feasible on a number of issues!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics