Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pookie8911
Beginner April 2017

Premier Inn for guests

Pookie8911, 24 of July of 2016 at 18:46 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi All,

In the throws of moving house, so been a little quiet (wedding planning is at a bit of a halt ☹️ ).

Our venue is within 10 minutes of two Premier Inns in the Manchester area, and figure it's likely a lot of our guests may want a cheap and cheerful place to stay for the night as many will be travelling. Has anyone had any experience of booking a group booking for guests with Premier Inn, and if it's worth the potential discount? We obviously don't want to end up out of pocket as well, so any suggestion on the best way of sorting it as well would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

4 replies

Latest activity by katieJ2b, 25 of July of 2016 at 12:02
  • P
    Beginner August 2016
    Potter&Me ·
    • Hide content

I've not had any experience of making a group booking or the discount that you might get but I wonder if it might be less of a headache for you to let your guests make their own bookings and perhaps in you wedding details let them know of a couple of hotels that might be convienent. For the group bookings it looks like they'd require a certain amount of payment up front so you would end up having to coordinate money with a number of people which will be no mean feat! I'm sure if you let people know of some options they will be happy to make their own bookings.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

We considered this, and got in touch with Premier Inn about reserving a block of rooms. Basically, they can reserve a block of rooms, guests book from that block, and you pay 6 weeks before the day. Before that date, your guests can cancel any rooms they have booked and you don't have to pay for any of the rooms that aren't booked. However, because they are a budget chain you don't get a discount for booking a block of rooms. You also may want to pay close attention to the check-in times. The reason I ended up not reserving the rooms was because they could only guarantee early check-in for about 10 rooms and it would be very awkward for my guests getting back to the hotel to check in at the normal time.

• J
    Beginner November 2016
    JadeyPops98 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we have booked the premier inn for our guest and have booked in total about 9 rooms I think. We had to give them our credit card for the booking but have been told that guests pay for their room a week before the wedding and can cancel up to this point having said that, we have two premier inns near us and the other was a different story so I think you'd be best just getting in contact with them individually. I think it had a lot to do with the time of year) local events, they seem to be able to be quite flexible with the terms and conditions from my experience

• E
    Beginner May 2017
    Ellensmummy ·
    • Hide content

As above, we've suggested premier inn and there is a nice new one not far away and guests have stayed there before from another family do. We phoned about discount but nothing is offered (this was even 50 plus rooms) x

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

I have no experience with Premier Inn, but I am doing a group booking with Travel Lodge. I have 45 rooms on my booking, I need to pay 1 month before, so I have been collecting money from people gradually. We booked a large number of rooms as we are able to cancel the ones we don't need up to one month before, as long as there are more than 9 rooms booked - which constitutes a group booking. With our immediate family, and best friends we had over 9 so I knew that wasn't going to be a problem. The group rate they gave me was about £10 cheaper than if we were to book online, and now as we are getting close to the wedding it's even cheaper as their online rates have gone up.

Give them a call, it is more hassle, but might be worth it if you don't mind xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics