Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

summer_sparkles
Beginner August 2009

Present for H2B on morning of wedding....UPDATE

summer_sparkles, 16 June, 2009 at 16:42 Posted on Planning 0 7

....I'm struggling! I'm thinking of making him up a pack of things and so far I have "Don'ts for husbands", a signed card from Paddy Hopkirk, and framed poem I've written him (the one I wanted to use as a reading originally) but I want to get him a "big" present IYSWIM.

I can't get him a watch, he's got a posh one he got for his 21st and it's never seen the light of day, I thought about getting him an Austin Martin day but it's not really something you can keep, he doesn't drink so no flasks, he's already got cufflinks, a google search hasn't turned up anything....do I have the most awkward H2B or what?

In summary I'm just looking for something he can look at in fifty years time and think "SS got that for me on our wedding day".

Any ideas or inspiration from what you've got for your other halves? TIA

UPDATE: Just seen this: https://issy.uk and it's growing on me...what do you think?

7 replies

Latest activity by summer_sparkles, 16 June, 2009 at 17:07
  • Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

It may be getting to be cliche now, (I'm biased because I do alot of these for my brides, lol), but a tasteful, artistic boudoir album goes over very well. Expecially if it's something he'd ever expect you to do.

But I also think an 'expirence' like the idea of an Austin Martin day would be fun if he is into cars. I have done things for David like canal boating, speed boating, etc, for presents, because I really think having an expirence that stays in your memory is a great thing. You'd be surprised how often the memory comes back, and creates all kind of warm fuzzies.

Good luck Smiley smile

Teri

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I got mine a pocket watch. He'll use it on the day then it will sit in a box prolly....... I was considering getting him cufflinks too but having just seen my bank account and all I'm changing my mind!

How about a nice hardback book about something that interests him???????

Or a photo of you in a frame?

Or a book about your relationship that you make up yourself?

Or............. hrmmm.......

• MrsWinwood2B
    Beginner April 2010
    MrsWinwood2B ·
    • Hide content

I created a photo year book for my fiance on our first anniversary. You can do them via photobox and some other sites. You can design it yourself and upload your favourite photos together. He was really touched and it's something that chronicles our early days together for future years! However, now I've already done that, I have no idea what I'll get him for a wedding present!!!!!!!

• summer_sparkles
    Beginner August 2009
    summer_sparkles ·
    • Hide content

Hi Teri, thanks for replying. I briefly mentioned boudoir shoots to him a few months back but he said he doesn't want anyone else to see me "like that" but him. I explained it's mostly women that do it but he felt the same way...strange but I'm going to take it as a compliment!

I think I'm going to have to look more into this Austin Martin day...if only my uncle hadn't been made redundant from there I might have been able to cut a deal! Lol

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

His present is getting me as his wife until the end of time! ?

No seriously I am actually not getting him anything, just going to get a nice card he can keep with something sentimental written in it. I do like the idea of the scrapbook type things and I made one for my mum and dad's 25th anniversary which went down really well, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to do that in the lead up to our wedding. So I think it will just be a nice letter!

To be fair though we're both spending so much on the wedding and honeymoon I don't think either of us are going to be that bothered about getting a present from each other.

• summer_sparkles
    Beginner August 2009
    summer_sparkles ·
    • Hide content

He's not a big reader I'm afraid! He's literally read one book since we've been together. I've also done the photobook thing - it's a great idea isn't it?

....I'm now wondering about golf clubs...

• summer_sparkles
    Beginner August 2009
    summer_sparkles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahahaha! Love it! ?

I thought about it too, but then I got told that under no circumstances was I allowed to open his wardrobe and then I had to get thinking again.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics