Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Pugsley*
Beginner March 2014

Present for husband on wedding day

*Pugsley*, 3 of January of 2014 at 14:05 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi Girls and Guys,

What did you or are you getting your husbands for a present on your wedding day?

I want to get him something but I just can't think what.

I thought about a watch but if I were to get him a really nice one to last a lifetime it'd go way over my budget... having said that, I don't really have a budget but mayeb want to spend just £100-150?

17 replies

Latest activity by alabastamasta, 3 of January of 2014 at 23:48
  • I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Groom journals are quite popular as they are very personal and inexpensive, here's an example: https://ohsocherished.co.uk/product/1031/296/my_gorgeous_groom_journal

Or if it's your thing, some women like to give their groom 'boudoir' photos of themselves. Some I've seen are tacky and sleazy but you can make these very tasteful. I can't personally recommend any photographers though I'm afraid.

• emjjarvy
    Beginner September 2014
    emjjarvy ·
    • Hide content

I am planning on stealing the fab idea from miss twizz... 12 dates, one each month for our first year as husband and wife...

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/411660.aspx

Some dates will be cheap (picnic in the park) some more expensive (theatre/weekend break). Hope he will like it. Need to come up with 12 definite dates now though!

xx

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

We have a cake topper that was made by a lovely lady on Etsy; it's porcelain and I have commissioned an ornament for OH that helps complete the 'set' that I will give him the morning of the wedding:

topper:

pressie:

I'm also getting a boudoir shoot with the lovely Daffodilwaves (note - must actually BOOK this!) as well.

I am making him some cufflinks, but I don't think they really count as I make jewellery anyway (am doing all BMs and GMs jewellery) Smiley smile

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting my h2b an iPod Classic - it's what he wants! He's so easy to buy for as he hates surprises, so he always tells me well advance of any occasion what he wants. I got him a Hugo Boss watch after he proposed to me, otherwise I might've got him a watch.

He's already got mine! Got no idea what it is as he always surprises me with presents. I know it was over £200 though ? literally got no clue!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too ;-) So excited by this, hopefully my OH will be just as excited when he opens it on the day!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love your topper it is so cute ❤️

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bought one of these, it is fantastic and comes with a personalised engraved thing and a box. It is really nice and when I fill it out I keep getting emotional!

I also want to do a boudoir shoot for him, it is just finding the money...

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! She does loads of different ones; you can basically pick the animal heads of your choice - she even has wookies and robots!Smiley tongue

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

Not sure on big pressie yet but I've ordered one of these for him :-)

• S
    Beginner April 2014
    sophiesofa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just had a look on etsy and can't work out who makes these - what's her name please?! Thank you x

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

My fellas grandad passed away 3 years ago and its someone who he really wanted there when we got married. So my present to him is a set of personalised cufflinks with a picture of his grandad on them. Along with a note to say that this way his grandad with be right by his side and share our special day x

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

I bought my hubby these personalised cufflinks

1 is our wedding venue and 1 was our honeymoon

he loved them. I found someone on ebay that did them but someone on Etsy did them too

• S
    Beginner April 2014
    sophiesofa ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! She does loads of different ones; you can basically pick the animal heads of your choice - she even has wookies and robots!Smiley tongue

I just had a look on etsy and can't work out who makes these - what's her name please?! Thank you x

Don't worry just found her: "MelaboWed". Thanks

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for all your replies.

There's so much choice! I still don't know what to get him!

He's not a massively sentimental man but I would like to get him something he can keep for a long time although I do think the 'under new management' t-shirt is funny :-D

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Penny p that t shirt is hilarious! I'm going to my oh these for the day (he's a big how I met your mother tv prg fan and this is something one of the characters says that he's started saying to be funny) and I'm going to write him a letter. I might try ans track down one of those t-shirts too. Nothing over the top as we said wed rather keep the gifts small and spend more on the honeymoon.

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi - sorry, didn't see this earlier! Yes, MelaboWed, that's the one! Smiley smile
    I'm getting mine brought over from the US by my parents next year; I think some of them don't travel as well as others

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics