Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ClareMarie
Beginner August 2006

Present for someone who is emigrating...

ClareMarie, 15 of April of 2008 at 09:11 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

BIL is moving to Australia in 2 months - he moves a few days before his 30th and H is racking his brain what to get him - it obviously needs to be light and portable enough to go in his case - we have a budget of up to £200 max.

He likes techy stuff, is quite sporty, likes Sci-fi - H would like it to be something that would last if possible.

Any ideas?

5 replies

Latest activity by pans, 15 of April of 2008 at 10:10
  • Ms. Scarlett
    Beginner April 2007
    Ms. Scarlett ·
    • Hide content

As an emigrant:

magazine subscription(s)?

• Sairedy
    Beginner September 2003
    Sairedy ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm tough one for a boy
    when my sis emigrated i made her up a little box of goodies of stuff she'd miss (food type things) and when my friend emigrated to italy i made her up a photo of all little photos of us over the years and framed it for her

is there anything he will miss? can you do him an iou and send him his favourite food/drink surface mail once he's there?

• ClareMarie
    Beginner August 2006
    ClareMarie ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if he reads magazines plus he will be staying somewhere temp for the first few weeks till he finds somewhere to rent so wouldn't have an address to use.

I wondered about getting one of those digital photo frames and taking some photos on a memory card and then we could send a new memory card every few months with new pics on it - not sure if that is too twee though for a bloke?? Plus would a UK one work okay over there?

• F
    Beginner July 2003
    Fimble ·
    • Hide content

A sports watch?

• ClareMarie
    Beginner August 2006
    ClareMarie ·
    • Hide content

quote:Originally posted by Fimble
    A sports watch?
    id="quote">

oohh watch might be a good idea - shall sneak a look to see if he already has a decent one next time we see him. Shall add it to the list of ideas.
  • pans
    Beginner
    pans ·
    • Hide content

Please dont buy him books or anything bulky/heavy. we had so many books when we moved we couldnt bring them all.

the watch sounds a great idea. why not split the mney and get an experience once he gets there? where is he going, is there a helicopter tour you could buy him or something major touristy that is expensive that he wouldnt necessarily do himself?

a magazine subscriptiomn is a brilliant idea - mnaybe you could get him that for christmas instgead. i miss english magazines so much and have just got H GQ mag for his birthday - expensive though to get them shipped but worth it !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics