Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

queenofspain
Beginner December 2011

Present for the groom on morning of the wedding

queenofspain, 25 of November of 2011 at 15:22 Posted on Planning 0 37

Hello hitchers (dont want to say ladies in case there is still the occasional male hitcher about!)

Ive been thinking of putting a little box together for my OH to open on morning of the wedding, nothing extravagant, just a card and some silly gifts.

So far I have

Mints

Socks

Some good whiskey to put in the hip flask I know he is taking with him

A card

Any other suggestions?

:-)

37 replies

Latest activity by Knees, 29 of November of 2011 at 16:47
  • pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

A naughty photo of you just to spur him on up the aisle?!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Hi queenofspain

i have got my h2b tee-shirt printed "under new management", aftershave, a small book of funny rugby stories, an engraved hipflask (reminder to oneself fill this!!), a card and im in the middle of writing "my gorgeous husband" journal.

xxxx

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

and also WSS ?

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, I did look into the costs of a boudoir shoot, but it was too expensive, maybe i should take a photo of my toe, put it in an envelope saying on the outside that there is a photo of part of me naked, hehe just to wind him up!

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

I've got mine a guide to being a good husband kind of book and I've got an engraved hanky with our initials and the wedding date embroidered in it. I'm planning on attaching a note to it with something along the lines of 'just in case you get 'something' in your eye!'. I'll probably put some coffee granules in there too in case he needs a hit of caffeine and a few other jokey bits, plus some of the other bits and bobs people have already mentioned.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha well I was thinking more a cheap snapshot DIY than boudoir (too dear for me as well, maybe for 1st anniversary as it is paper after all). I like to toe thing, that is funny. I would put it in loads of sealed envelopes elaborately taped up saying 'warning! Nude content! Not for eyes of best man' etc etc just to wind him up further.

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

Oooh Jen I like the coffee idea, thanks for that

And Pandorasbox, I now have lots of cruel ideas, such as putting a photo of other things in each envelope instead hehe:-)

• helenparki
    Beginner May 2012
    helenparki ·
    • Hide content

As well as few things mentioned on here, I'm also going to get him some plain black socks with "Groom" embroiderd into them as he doesnt own a decent pair of black socks!!!

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

Its not just mine then, thats why im getting socks! though I have just found some on ebay that have his name and wedding date on one sock, and a message on the other, but I cant decide whether to put 'so you dont get cold feet' or 'under new management' (as per someones suggestion earlier on a tshirt, thank you!)

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a very good idea! Maybe new undies too?

How about cufflinks/tie pin queenof spain? A new deodrant/aftershave?

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

He doesnt really use cufflinks/tie pins so I didnt think of them, but I have found someone else on ebay who does socks, and boxers in one set so thats an idea.

Has anyone found a good place for groom cards, all the ones im finding are a littel boring!

• helenparki
    Beginner May 2012
    helenparki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you tried Moonpig or Funky Pigeon? You can create your own on there

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

Im struggling to find one on there as well, im on moonpig at the moment. I want one thats amusing as neither of us are very 'soppy' (best word I can find to describe) think i might have to search both the sites and see if anything fits us!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I have just ordered some off ebay today, including a groom card. The traditional ones are far too wet for me and my OH, he would probably have been sick! So I searched ebay for handmde ones instead and found a perfect one. Romantic, but simple and not sloppy. The lady is great. She can do anything you like really but my design is this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/****?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

or item no **** if the link isn't working.

She is doing all our cards, including a brand new design for my bridesman (as such a card does not seem to exist as yet). I am having a really huge chunk of a song put inside mine for the husband card's words and she is going to work out all the spacing and fonts so it will fit without squashing. She seems really lovely and very helpful.

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

Ive also just realised you can record a video message in a funky pidgeon card which is intriging!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

So far i've got mine....

T-shirt - "under new management" to wear the morning after

Aftershave

Mug

Socks

and going to make a little DIY bag with minature drink (to calm nerves), mints (to take away the smell of the drink), tissues (in case he sheds a tear for signing his life away!), mini deorant......cant think of anything else at the moment!.

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i am giving my OH a small photobook with pics of my boudoir shoot, i booked through Groupon for £39, instead of £250....he will be so shocked, and pleased, I hope x

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Im getting a pair of Adidas shelltoe trainers personalised to match the wedding colours and with our wedding date embroidered on them. He loves trainers and I love the idea of a pic of us both in our purple wedding shoes... win win! ?

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content

Ooo where did u see these socks queenofspain? i like the idea of 'so u dont get cold feet'

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

I gave my hubby a goody box to take to the venue with him for his last night of freedom. This included:

Mints, Kleenex (to dry his eyes, before anyone wonders!), a couple of miniatures plus a baby can of coke to go with the Jack, chocolate, cookies, and a game of Top Trumps for him to play with his best man all about their seemingly favourite subject - poo - nattoly entitled Plop Trumps! ?

Plus a card unashamedly stealing the quote Amy used to describe Rory in Doctor Who - for those who missed it:

Amy: You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later they're as dull as a brick? Then there's other people, when you meet them you think, "Not bad. They're okay." And then you get to know them and... and their face just sort of becomes them. Like their personality's written all over it. And they just turn into something so beautiful.
    Both: Rory's the most beautiful man I've ever met.

Apparently this brought a lump to his throat

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

Ebay.co.uk/itm/120807618813?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 is the Ebay auction for those socks donnatott

• M
    Beginner December 2012
    mrs0brien2b ·
    • Hide content

Ibizalovin where did u get them trainers from?

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou queenofspain. just tried the link and for some reason it doesnt work but im sure i can hunt them down on ebay ?

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

On top of some of the suggestions here i'm also going to put in a bag of nuts in case he gets hungry (and possibly attach a cheesy note saying i'm nuts about you), a silver plectrum with the date on it - got it on ebay for £8 and oh plays guitar, and i might raid his spotify playlists and put together a getting ready cd

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

Donnatott, sorry about the link not working, but yes you should find it ok if you put in personalised grooms socks:-)

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

From Miaddidas https://shop.adidas.co.uk/miadidas/Main.action - very cool!

• M
    Beginner December 2012
    mrs0brien2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanku!

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

Loving all these ideas ladies! I hadn't considered this, but I'm def gonna do a wee box now!

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

Me too. I was considering a present to get him, but given he isn't the most emotional type of person in the world, I couldn't think of anything he would love.

But a box of little bits would show I'd thought about it Smiley smile

I've also written a poem to include in a card so he knows how I feel, does this sound too cheesy??

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine isnt an emotional type either so cant really do anything to soppy but think am ok with aftershave, socks and a few little bits and pieces in a box.

And a poem sounds lovely, I would do a little funny poem but am crap at getting anything to rhymn!!

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

Aww, mine isn't a great poem, but just a few lines using all the common rhyme love type words, but a thoughtful message or song lyric would work just as well, in fact perhaps song lyrics would be better, if my OH criticises them, at least I didn't write them ?

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ha ha, now that is a good idea!!...the only thing poemy i can think of is buying a "star bar" and putting a little note along the lines of "today is going to be out of this world"!! although am sure a) he wont like the chocolate and b) think its a little bit naff, but hey ho, i think it would be a good idea!

Its so hard to know what little bits and pieces to put together.

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics