Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+

Present/treat for the groom?

Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+, 7 January, 2013 at 13:03 Posted on Planning 0 6

Ladies I need your help on a business idea. Have you or will you be buying your groom a present for your wedding day? How about a chauffeur driven Jaguar XKR to take your groom to church?

The cost for this service would probably be around the £99 mark, dependent on the distance from the pick up to destination, as obviously if there was high mileage involved then there may be a charge per mile involved. This would not be a self-drive service as the high cost of insurance involved would put the cost up an incredible amount, so it would be chauffeur driven. The vehicle is a sports coupe so although it does have rear seats there isnt a great deal of leg room. however for short journeys it would be okay for 2 groomsmen in the back. The charge would be per pick up, NOT per person.

Please let me know your thoughts.

6 replies

Latest activity by Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+, 7 January, 2013 at 19:52
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Wouldn't appeal to me and OH as both not into cars plus I would want to get my OH something he can keep as a wedding gift/treat rather then a quick experience.

• KittenCake
    Beginner May 2013
    KittenCake ·
    • Hide content

Not for me either as I don't know enough about cars to know if that is the type of car that OH would like. Also, I was at a wedding recently where the bride did this and the groom got really stressed as he had to wait for the designated pick up time rather than going to the venue nice and early like he wanted. Plus our house is so clode to the church we are getting married in my OH could walk there if he wanted, so would be a waste of money for me.

• Bluebell25
    Beginner August 2013
    Bluebell25 ·
    • Hide content

My OH loves his cars but for him the driving experience is the thing rather than being driven in someone else's, however good it might look. So if he couldn't drive it, I doubt it would be much of a treat.

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Great idea! We often get our campers booked as a gift suprise to collect the Groom on the big day too. There are a couple of things to think about:

- You need special wedding car insurance to operate such a service, so this may require you to increase the price to cover costs

- There are licensing rules which means that without a taxi / private hire license for both the vehicle, your operator (ie business) and driver, you would be restricted to just weddings (and funerals!) - which is a shame as it rules out birthday treats and proms unless you pay out the whopping fee for the licenses

- You may struggle for space if the Groom has a best man and ushers to bring along with various bags / suitcases

However, as a special treat for any brides looking to buy something different and memorable, it sounds like a fab plan!

Good luck with it!!!

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

Not one I go for as OH is a terrible passenger and gets car sick if he doesn't drive.

I'm buying him something he can keep (I think a telescope)

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

My OH would have LOVED this. We're already married now, but if you asked him, he'd say do it!

• Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+
    Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+ ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your responses so far. I've posted the same question on a couple of other sites and have been asked more than once if the car would be available to hire privately for the day or the weekend so i have done a little ringing round insurance companies. The quotes they are coming back with are running into thousands of pounds which explains why when i tried to hire an Aston Martin for my husbands birthday they wanted to charge over £2000!

if this is something your looking to do but coming back with ridiculously high hire rates this may explain why !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics