Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2012

Preserving a bridal bouquet - ideas pls

Citygirl, 22 August, 2012 at 14:18 Posted on Planning 0 1

Is anyone doing or done this?

My mum mentioned it to me but I hadn't thought about it. Can you not just dry upside down in an airing cupboard? My bouquet is mainly roses. There seem to be a lot of options but are very expensive.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

1 replies

Latest activity by Fran @ Hitched, 22 August, 2012 at 21:52
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

If it is all roses with no other flowers, then it can be dried in an airing cupboard, If you hand upside down tied to a hook with a piece of string so the air can reach all parts of the bouquet, it should dry out nicely as long as the cupboard is dry and there is no water vapour or damp created in it. As the bouquet dries, they will shrink so you may need to keep tightening the ribbon. You will need to take care doing this as the flowers will be brittle and damage easily. Another way is to press a few roses say from a buttonhole of the Groom in a heavy book or flower press which is also a nice keepsake.

I still have my husband's rose and a rose from my bouquet from our wedding.

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hey Citygirl,

I wrote a blog on this last week - Click here to read it!! An AMAZING idea included, on how you can preserve your bouquet in a paperweight! Love it.

Or - you can read this article on our homepage this month which is also all about preserving your wedding flowers.

I hung my bouquet upside down near a radiator for the duration of our honeymoon - but I wish I would have known about the paperweight idea.

Fran x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics