Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner July 2014

Prestwold Hall and other venues! Need help!! x

PomPom84, 12 April, 2012 at 19:18 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hello all!

I am newly engaged and am looking at getting married in summer 2014!!

I have been looking at venues around Leicestershire and Warwickshire areas as me and my OH live in Notts but we are both originally from warwickshire and have family there.

After considering both areas and looking at venues, I think there are more venues in leictershire that I prefer.

I LOVE the look of prestwold hall and am just waiting for there wedding brouchure to arrive!! I have also been looking at brooksby hall and kilworth house in Leicestershire but think Prestwold is my favourite!

Just a bit concerned about the cost as can't seem to find any prices of venue hire or packages on their website.

Also, another thing that I am trying to find is somewhere that allows outside caterers as I am Indian and my partner is English but we have decided that we want indian food - i'm sure i read on another forum somewhere that Prestwold does allow for outside caterers but not entirely sure??

If anyone has any advice on any venues in leic and know of any that allow outside caterers it would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you!!

16 replies

Latest activity by PomPom84, 19 April, 2012 at 12:21
  • Rochelle (Make up HIB)
    Rochelle (Make up HIB) ·
    • Hide content

My favourite venues are:

Belvoir castle

Stapleford park

Sutton bonington hall

Prestwold hall

Stoke Rochford

Klworth house

IMO They're the best ones in Leics. I also love the priest house in castle donington

• Rochelle (Make up HIB)
    Rochelle (Make up HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Ooh and Rothley Court too, my sister is getting married there in December and they've been really helpful.

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    PomPom84 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rochelle, thanks for the reply! ?

I really like the look of stoke rochford but probably too far really and sutton bonington hall is too small.

I did have a look at Belvoir Castle but its way too expensive for us! I do quite like the look of stapleford park too but heard mixed reviews about it.

So think its looking like Kilworth and Prestwold are still defo top of the list! I do really like the look of Rothley court but it says it only caters for 85 guests but we think we'll have around 130 guests for the ceremony and wedding breakfast and then an extra 50 for the evening....Been looking at Brooksby hall aswell but again, heard mixed reviews about it (think i read somewhere it needs a bit of revamp)

the search continues!!...?

• Rochelle (Make up HIB)
    Rochelle (Make up HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Out of prestwold and kilworth I would probably go for kilworth, just because of the exclusivity and also I think it has the edge on prestwold.

I'm not keen on brooksby. We booked it initially for our wedding but then Barnsdale hall had a cancellation so we got married there, as that was our first choice. Barnsdale is beautiful and worth a look if you haven't already considered it?

• Rochelle (Make up HIB)
    Rochelle (Make up HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Stubton Hall is also gorgeous. I like Stubton because it's all new and you have the whole place to yourself and the grounds are amazing. It's like a stately home with a modern interior.

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    PomPom84 ·
    • Hide content

Just looked at barnsdale and looks beautiful! The only thing is, I don't think its big enough : ( Think it says maximum 120 people. It looks really lovely there aswel! Must've been a beautiful wedding!!

Ohh really, i was thinking that Prestwold looked better out of the two but do think kilworth looks lovely. I thought Prestwold was exclusive use too?

Sounds like Brooksby is a no no!

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    PomPom84 ·
    • Hide content

I have looked at Stubton but think its just a bit too far away again.

Just been looking at kilworth house again but just read that to have it on an exclusive basis it would be £10,00 -£19,500! ?

Not sure if that will be a contender after all ☹️

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding a couple of years ago at Prestwold Hall and it was lovely! We looked at it ourselves but it was over our budget.

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    PomPom84 ·
    • Hide content

Really, Ahh I really want to go and see it! Although Im worried I will fall in love with it and it will be over our price range too.

I just love the look of it and the reception room looks lovely too! Although my colour scheme is quite bright and bold so hoping it will go with the lime coloured walls if we do chose it!

Oh dear-getting a bit ahead of myself now i think! ?

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    LeicesterBride ·
    • Hide content

Mythe Farm is Atherstone-way so Leicestershire/Warwickshire and is truly lovely. It's brand new so I don't know anyone who's had a wedding there but we spent a lot of time considering it. We've gone for a village hall instead so idyllic venue went out of the window for budget reaosns but I would definately add it to your list to view Smiley smile

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    PomPom84 ·
    • Hide content

Hi LeicesterBride ?

Just had a look and it does look lovely, not really considered a barn but it looks like its being done up lovely!

Thank you for the suggestion! : )

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

We got married at donington park farmhouse hotel. They also have a barn, I loved it! Very reasonable prices too and the food was excellent.

• P
    Prestwold Hall ·
    • Hide content

Hi Pompom84

Thank you for your interest in Prestwold Hall.

Please let me have your postal address by e-mailing us directly and I will get a brochure sent out to you.

I'm sorry you couldn't find the details you were looking for on the website, they are there under the menus & prices tab on the home page.

Please let me know if i can help you any further or arrange a viewing of Prestwold Hall

Kind Regards

• C
    Beginner July 2013
    cm_ljw ·
    • Hide content

Beaumanor Hall (their website doesn't do it any justice, a visit is better). I'm getting married there.

Staunton Harold lets you use outside caterers...in fact you have to! A little more expensive though.

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    PomPom84 ·
    • Hide content

Looks lovely! Thanks for the suggestion!

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    PomPom84 ·
    • Hide content

Love the look of stunton harold - not even heard of it before, thank you!! love the look of beaumanor too but think i remember it was a bit too small for the number of guests that we have unfortunately!

Thanks for your help : )

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    PomPom84 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for the reply Prestwold!

I have requested a brochure and have found the prices on your website now : )

Thank you ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics