Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner

Pre-Wedding Beauty Treatments

ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257, 16 of March of 2016 at 13:22 Posted on Planning 0 23

Has anyone planned any treatments to prep their skin for the big day? I don't break out that often, but when I do I get hyperpigmentation spots that stay around for months after the pimple has gone away. I've thought about booking in for a facial and then asking them what they recommend to prepare for my wedding. I'm leaning towards a series of microdermabrasions but I want to see what the experts have to say first! Is anyone else planning on doing any pre-wedding treatments?

23 replies

Latest activity by Soniamann, 10 of October of 2022 at 11:53
  • E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

My skin has always been bad so I've started seeing a nurse for skin peels which made my skin worse! She then started IsoLase treatment instead and it's really helped even out my skin. It's been pricey BUT it's something I've wanted to get sorted and it will (hopefully) last longer than just my wedding day.

The moral of my story is that if you are going to do something, don't have your first treatment a few days before the wedding as you could have a bad reaction and ruin your day. Have something started now and you can rest easy knowing it won't cause a disaster if you go ahead and have it done again before your wedding.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I plan on having microdermabrasion for spot scars on my chin and facials. I also want Botox for a frown line that I have across the top of my nose. I am also going to get hair extensions to last for the hen, wedding and honeymoon. I have enlisted a personal trainer already! X

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to ask my nail lady next time I see her what she recommends as she does Neals Yard facials - I think I might start having facials 3 months out. I also need to start thinking about hair highlights etc!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Oh my OH is dead against it too. I am just going to wait until he goes away for the weekend for football or with his friends etc and get it done then so he won't even realise! Ha x

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

I would love to get botox on my forehead just to smooth everything out. I have a tendency to raise my eyebrows a lot so I have this one horizontal line right across it. Everyone says they can't see it, but I can. I don't even think I would mention it to my OH. I would just do it! I also need to dye my hair because one section is starting to go a little grey, but I've never dyed my hair before! I love my natural colour and have always been afraid of messing it up.

• T
    Beginner April 2017
    TashAndOwl ·
    • Hide content

Definitely some kind of spray tan. I know nothing about these things though so will need to do some research and definitely a trial run.

My face could certainly do with some kind of ...help but my skin is so sensitive and unpredictable that I'm too scared of bad reactions.

• P
    Beginner October 2016
    Pink Sparkle ·
    • Hide content

Will probably get a facial and a salt and oil body scrub (i find it leaves my skin glowing and healthy looking) but will try it 2-3 months before to check it ok on my skin. I have had them done before and i always tell them i have sensitive skin and it never been an issue but just to make sure.

Will also be getting some gel nail extensions. Im really pale but not brave enough to try a spray tan so will just have to embrace my pale skin.

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

i had facials every month on the run up to my wedding and it really made a difference. At first it did bring me out in spots as it brings all the dirt, oil and toxins out your skin. But after a couple it gave my skin a lovely glow.

As a makeup artist I also do microdermabrasion facials. They are really good for scars, fine lines, blemishes, pigmentation etc. After one you can see a difference but a course of them is best to see the most difference. You have them every fortnight at first then down to once a month. They can be expensive but I think well worth the money.

Aimee x

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

I'm looking at treating some wrinkles I get under my eyes when I smile but I don't want any needles put in my face! I've also started getting a tattoo removed from the back of my neck. I was thinking of facials but I'm worried about making my skin worse

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrshappygirl ·
    • Hide content

I started getting a small tattoo on my wrist removed a year ago! Was the first thing i started as a I knew it would take a while.

I am also in the process of regular facials, started a couple of months ago (about 6 months before big day) have so far had one a month, I am stickign with Elemis as they offer a lot of different options and they also seem to agree with my skin (have always had pretty bad skin, acne when i was younger) I started with a tri-enzyme resurfacing to help with scars, I am booked in for a second biotec next week (again helps with resurfacing/ scars) and I've scheduled my last two to be their visible brilliance facials which are supposed to make you radiant!!!

I have been the told the visible brilliance are ok to have close to the wedding (have my last one 2 days before) as they won't make you break out, just glow! fingers crossed.

Looking into teeth whitening but haven't visited a dentist for years ?

I may also have gel nails done for the wedding (it's abroad and I don't want to have to re-paint my nails every day!)

• E
    Beginner
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you tried Crest White Strips, especially the pro or 3D versions? I'm not sure if they sell them in the UK but I'm sure you could find them on amazon on Ebay. They do a pretty decent job and are affordable, as long as you're not trying to go from yellow to blinding white. I will be having OH use them before the big day :p

I need to get gel nails done too but I'm a nail biter. I managed to stop long enough just before the proposal because I knew it was going to happen, but after the photos were over I've gone back to biting them.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I did have a course of facials booked with my MUA but she will now be on maternity leave and only back to work a few weeks before the wedding ? I may look into having some done elsewhere, say once a month up to the day.

Otherwise, I'll be having a light spray tan, nails, possibly hair extensions for volume, as well as routine waxing, threading, hair cut and colour...

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrshappygirl ·
    • Hide content

I did these a few years back - can't remember exactly which ones but they were crest strips. The only problem is my teeth are so sensitive it hurt so much! gave me throbbing teeth for weeks afterwards.. I'm hoping the dentist option won't do the same!

I am when I'm nervous! my nails were getting so much better but lately I have started chewing again and they are splitting as a result! Blaming the stress of planning 2 weddings! ☹️

• E
    Beginner
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no! That's too bad. I've always wanted to do the one at the dentist's office but I did some research and heard that it hurts. I think it feels like you're being zapped, probably something to do with the nerves. I can't remember what the brand name was but it was a very popular one where they use the light.

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

I looked into facials & microdermabrasion but my make up artist just recommended I start a decent skincare regime about 6 months before the wedding, so I went to Dermalogica and had a skin analysis and got the full range, I've been using it for 3 months so far and I LOVE it! After a couple of months I stopped wearing make up, I've had a couple of their micro zone treatments as well! If you have the budget I would massively recommend it! I will never go back to my old skincare now, Dermalogica is just awesome, I love not wearing make up everyday!

I have also tested a spray tan, acrylic nails & a pedicure this week so I know what I want for the big day, still unsure on the nails as I've never had fake ones before but I'm getting used to them now - I think I'll end up liking them! Haha!

There is so much to think about!?

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on getting semi permanent lash extensions and nail extensions for the big day. My hen do is going to be spa related so will probably have a massage and or facial then. Might have a couple of trips to the sunbeds to get a bit of a glow. Never normally use sunbeds and won't again but don't want to be pasty and can't go out in the sun too much before the wedding as I get prickly heat which takes ages to go away!

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

Am having everything and anything haha jk. You really need to be starting a good skincare routine 6 months prior to wedding to get the best results. Also make sure if you get any treatments it's 6 weeks before hand, they say as a guide encase you have reaction. Sunbeds should probably be avoided a few days before because if you burn its extremely hard to cover burns with makeup (makeup does adhere) and spray tans I would always get one done a few weeks before to see if you like it. At least get it a couple days before encase it goes wrong. I had a bride and her whole face with splotchy from a spray tan, I managed to even it out with makeup but it wasn't easy. Remember lemon and biocarb of soda are your best friends in false tan emergencies haha.

I've being used a Acid Toner (Alpha H Liquid Gold) every other night, different ranges of serums (got loads of travel size freebies in goodie bag from QVC Beauty Bash) and normally use Elemis Moisturiser and face masks. I got a sample of something called Necta Perfecta by Bee Good and its a mask, it's completely natural with really good ingredients and leaves skin really smooth and soft. It also helps to clear up spots because of honey and other ingredients. Little bit goes a long way. I think it's gentle enough for most skins as well. Highly recommend that.

I have hair extensions anyway but just got a brand new lot put in (beautiful Russian hair it's fabulous), saved up for months for it and will last probably about 2-3 years.

Am having my hair highlighted and probably a treatment put on few days before and blown the day before and then have a hairdresser on the day put it up.

Me and my little sister (who is coming over from Ireland) are going to get our nails done the day before, so that will be lovely as I rarely see her.

I want botox to slightly lift my natural hooded eye and also to correct a gummy smile (this needs to be done otherwise am going to look like Posh Spice not smiling all day, or worse like a Donkey).

I would like my eyebrows sorted out in one way or another.

Probably get semi-perm lashes as well and I would like lvl lash lift.

I use crest white strips from USA to whiten my teeth and they amazing, always buy them on ebay but just click the international button and get them shipped from seller in USA.

I don't think I will get a spray tan but maybe go on the sunbeds (don't ever normally only for very special occasions as am not a advocate of them tbh). I suffer from Hyperhidrois so under my armpits the false tan always goes patchy due to sweating to much. I might be having treatment to remove the under arm sweat glands before the wedding but waiting for referral. If not my doctor is going to do botox (it didn't work last time at all but he said worth another shot). I really hope something helps, I really don't want to sweat in a beautiful white dress and am getting married in June, its so embarrassing. It's even worse when am embarrassed as well.

So yeah everything am having everything done haha. I mentioned before I was going to do a blog post (I have a little beauty blog) on wedding skincare and makeup but I can't do it till I finish my reviews on different skincare steps, so I can link to them. Anyway sorry rambling haha.

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrshappygirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

how close to the wedding are you thinking of using sunbeds? I get prickly heat too and definitely want to try to avoid for my wedding day! would look horrible!

I was thinking one a week for 4 weeks before hand? I don't want to look very tanned but just want to loose the pastiness!

• Maira
    Beginner May 2022 East London
    Maira ·
    • Hide content

Since Wedding is a very special event for both the bride and groom and looking at their best is what the two desires. I remember when I was about to get married. My dermatologist recommended me to go for facial sessions and this is the secret behind the glow I had on my big day to date.

So if anyone is getting married, start taking best facial for bride to be as per the skin type and start 2 months before.

• S
    Savvy July 2022 Essex
    Suzanne ·
    • Hide content
    Being a slightly older bride 😂 I have suffered with rosacea, hormonal acne & extreme sensitivity skin. When I made enquiries for a MUA as I know I need professional help I explained my concerns (this was 16 months in advance of the wedding) anyway she recommend seeing a skin expert & honestly the best money I have spent!! Just had my 4th full face laser, several small tracing laser sessions, sooo many LED facials, skin peels etc. but I just go with what she recommends lol. So my advice is start early, find an expert & it takes time to get results but for me the best present I have ever given myself xx
  • Mbarkeng
    California
    Mbarkeng ·
    • Hide content

My sister is getting married soon, and I'm so happy for her!

• Mbarkeng
    California
    Mbarkeng ·
    • Hide content

My sister is getting married soon, and I'm so happy for her! But since childhood, she has had pigment spots on her face, which have always irritated her a little. And I decided to fulfill her childhood dream. A couple of years ago, I took courses at one school /advanced-esthetics-program/ and learned how to remove age spots with a laser. And just before the wedding, I removed her stains, and she was extremely happy about this. And even before that, she did a special course on moisturizing her face. So my sister is very happy.

• Soniamann
    Beginner June 2022 Wiltshire
    Soniamann ·
    • Hide content

I started to get ready for my wedding day six months before the wedding. I started practicing sports regularly and also made a Face Lift Toronto . A face-lift is a cosmetic surgical procedure to create a younger look on the face. The procedure can reduce sagging skin. It can also help smooth folds of skin on the cheeks and jawline. I am forty years old, so I think it was a great decision to get a facelift before my wedding day. I have never been married in my life, so it is why I wanted to look young in the photos.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics