Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner

pre-wedding jitters!!

nyprincess, 29 November, 2009 at 00:26 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0

Hi all

I got engaged at the start of the year and at the beginning everything was good but now i am really not sure i want to be with him anymore. This sounds awful but he has been ill the last 6 months and i know its not his fault but i have gave up my whole life to look after him and now he is in recovery i just feel down. Been to my doctors and he said i have depression but my partner has been no help at all, i know he has his own worries but he just seems to ignore what is going on. I really do love him but it just does not feel right anymore. We have been together for 8 years and i dont know if it just me being depressed or what?

Any advice would be good?

• SilverAmethyst
    Beginner
    SilverAmethyst ·
    • Hide content

"Some anxiety helps us get out of harm's way,It helps us prepare, it helps us focus on doing something, to try harder. It forces us to take action."

Pre-wedding jitters are absolutely and totally normal. After all, you're committing yourself, body and soul, to another person. You are becoming vulnerable. And with this person you will establish a home and create a new generation to continue in our traditions and beliefs—awesome and scary thoughts!

Doubt is a common one. I have met very few people who can honestly say they did not experience any doubts at all during their engagement. There seems to be a pattern--you get engaged, then when the excitement subsides and reality hits you start to doubt your decision.

In most cases, this is a healthy reaction. We are not prophets who know what destiny holds. We base our decisions on what we see in front of us and the advice we receive from those wiser than us. But we are only human, and we can never be 100% sure. There will always be an element of doubt.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics