Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner August 2014

Pre-wedding skin care regime? Affordable facials? (London/Oxford)

fatbunneh, 17 of August of 2013 at 15:44 Posted on Planning 0 11

I used to think that, once I was out of my early twenties, my skin would calm down and I could say goodbye to spots forever. Hmm. Doesn't seem to have happened.

In comparison to my early twenties (I'm 28 now), my skin gets breakouts more regularly (esp on the forehead and chin), my cheeks are drier/ruddier, and my overall tone is dull. I try to take good care of my skin, and I feel really frustrated that it's not improving. I'm not expecting it to look magazine-airbrush-perfect or anything, but I'm not sure what else to do. My skin isn't bad enough to go to my GP. A friend of mine suggested going on the pill but I'm really not comfortable taking birth control due to past side effects.

My wedding is in a year so I'd like to spend some time trying to sort out my skin problems before the big day. Has anyone done regular facials or gone to a private clinic? What did you get done, how often, and how much did it cost? I'm based in London and Oxford. Thanks for your help and suggestions!

11 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousOrangeCakes583, 23 of June of 2016 at 18:44
  • L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi. I would recommend liz earle or Elemis. Elemis have facials in store but if you start with a cleaser and moisturiser and add in an exfoliator and papaya enzyme peel mask it will soon sort itself out. Bliss capsules as a course work well in the lead up to an event. look out for the kits on QVC as they have great starter ones.

The smaller sizes of the day and night creams are in a set in john Lewis just now too. If elemis is too expensive try the liz earle discovery kit and that would get you started too.

Lynne

• F
    Beginner August 2014
    fatbunneh ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the info - I'll check them out now.

• C
    Beginner April 2015
    Cupcakebex ·
    • Hide content

I use Clinique anti blemish 3 step on a day to day basis. It's fantastic x

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I'd recomend Guinot Hydradermie facials.

They use a teenie electrical current to draw out the impurities from the skin and push the moisturising or rehydrating qualities from the products in the skin.

There's also a stage where they almost produce an o-zone layer on your skin to protect against future breakouts an to clear up current ones.

I used to be a beauty therapist and did these facials. The one downside from not doing that job anymore is I don't get the facials anymore!

• F
    Beginner August 2014
    fatbunneh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What is your skin type in general? I'm wary about using anti-blemish/anti-acne products because it really dries out my cheeks.

• F
    Beginner August 2014
    fatbunneh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These sound fab but v expensive! I probably can't afford them...

• C
    Beginner April 2015
    Cupcakebex ·
    • Hide content

I have oily/combination. I used to use the number 3 range in 3 step but didn't have much if a difference so went onto the anti blemish. The starter pack is £30 so won't break the bank if it's not for you. Might be worth speaking to a Clinique consultant and see what they say. One thing I learnt is that normal scrubs are too harsh for the skin, especially oily. They have a 7 day scrub though which is extremely gentle and you just use it 2/3 times a week.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When I did them I charged £45.

I doubt they'd be more than £50 each now.

Worth the money even if you just have them for the last 3 months or something before your wedding (one a month)

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

You can get an Elemis facial on Oxford Street (in London just to be confusing!) And they often run offers where it's two (so take yo' mum or MOH) for £29 I think. I love their products for a home spa type thing. I have some them their face exfoliator and their SOS cream

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeCakes583 ·
    • Hide content

Haven't gotten a facial but have noticed such great results from my somewhat new routine, anyway--maybe I won't even bother with a facial! I've been exfoliating 3x a week with Yu-Be Skin Care's Foaming Skin Polish and moisturizing every morning and night with their Moisturizing Skin Cream--highly recommend!

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeCakes583 ·
    • Hide content

Haven't gotten a facial but have noticed such great results from my somewhat new routine, anyway--maybe I won't even bother with a facial! I've been exfoliating 3x a week with Yu-Be Skin Care's Foaming Skin Polish and moisturizing every morning and night with their Moisturizing Skin Cream--highly recommend!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics