Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
Curious April 2024 Kent

Price of mua?!

Leah, 12 of October of 2022 at 16:50 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 9

Hey ladies, would really appreciate hearing how much you're paying for your bridal makeup? I've been quoted £180 just for me (bride), and £90 for additions (bridesmaid, MoB etc) from a MUA I frequently use. I usually pay £50, and although I expected a big markup, I didn't expect £130 extra...

Grateful for your thoughts!

9 replies

Latest activity by Ebony, 20 of October of 2022 at 21:45
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2023 Cumbria
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    Mine is £130 total for my bridal make up and hair from the same person plus £85 for my bridesmaid hair and make up. That’s in Cumbria and she’s won awards for her make up work 🌟 It is an extra £100 for a trial through, does your price include the trial maybe?
  • Leah
    Curious April 2024 Kent
    Leah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, that’s helpful to know! I’d pay £180 if it included hair too but it’s makeup alone. It doesn’t include a trial, she said a trial was £100!
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I booked over 6 months ago and am paying £55 for my trial, £65 for my make up on the day and £60 for each bridesmaid.

Since then her prices have increased quite a bit, I think anything wedding related much like the cost of living is just very expensive at the moment! Having said that £180 does seem like quite a lot so it might be worth finding out about alternatives local to you
  • Emma
    Beginner September 2024 Worcestershire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    I had a couple of quotes and one of those was £180 for bride alone! Most of the quotes were between £70-180 for bride, and £40-100 for bridesmaids. I’ve booked with someone who is £70 for bride plus £40 trial, and £45 per bridesmaid for make up only. Based in West Mids
  • Leah
    Curious April 2024 Kent
    Leah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely seems like I need to ask around, I don't think I can justify £450 for me and 3 bridesmaid! Thanks for sharing all of your experiences Smiley heart

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    That’s a lot in my opinion. I got married this July in Surrey (so usually top money🙄) and my hair and makeup was £150 on the day, £100 for a trial. None of my BMs had makeup as they were younger aged between 8and 14 and my MOH did her own. My hair and make up lady did put all the BMs and MOH hair up though. She charged £55 for adult and £20 for the little ones. We were all thrilled with our looks. Most expensive I saw was £250 so I am glad I shopped around. Price of mua?! 1

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Honestly it's so expensive!! I have seen posts on reddit and places like that where people really regretted not going with a professional - either because the make up didn't photograph well or didn't last through the day - and I think that's what the mark up is for a bride because they're trying to make it last so well. It is bonkers though it's so much more than non wedding make up, but then again everything wedding related has a massive mark up doesn't it!!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content
    I’m paying £120 for my make up on the day and £80 for the trial.
    Bridesmaids are £65 each on the day.

I did some shopping around and I think that prices have increased recently.
    I absolutely love my MUA’s work and am happy to pay for a look I really love.
    My bridesmaids are paying for their own make up (I’m paying for hair).
  • E
    Dedicated October 2022 East London
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    Wow, that is expensive. I think the mark up, especially for the bride is because of the products and techniques used. I'm familiar with doing my own make up and stage make up so I have very good quality products and know how to use them. Could you just pay for the professional for yourself and get the bridesmaids to do their own make up? Would save you loads of money.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics