Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummymrs2b
Beginner April 2013

Prices for wedding make up?

mummymrs2b, 4 of January of 2012 at 16:57 Posted on Planning 0 18

What's the average price for wedding make up? Do you pay for bridesmaids, mum to have make up? Xx

18 replies

Latest activity by annie2000, 5 of January of 2012 at 20:41
  • Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

I am paying £50, which is for one the day and a trial for myself.

Just one bridesmaid wants her make up doing which she is paying for herself (so she thinks, i will pay!) which is £25 for on the day only.

• MrsH29.06
    Beginner June 2012
    MrsH29.06 ·
    • Hide content

Eeek.... my hair and make up is £180.00 which includes additional make up for the day iygwim..... both done by the same person x

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

I've been quoted £80 for the day with a free trial.

Not paying for bridesmaids but they can have theres done for £30 if they wish.

There are no rules as to who you have to pay for, but I think if you really want your BMs to look a certain way then it'd be unfair for them to pay themselves.

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

I'm paying £20 each for my 3 bm's and my mum and £25 for me.

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

Seems to vary then. Been quoted £75 for me, and £25 for BM and mum. Didn't know if that was the normal x

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

Seems to vary then. Been quoted £75 for me, and £25 for BM and mum. Didn't know if that was the normal x

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

It varies massively. Some of the quotes I received for a trial, on the day and one of my bridesmaid (with no trial) where £350+. That did include travel, but even so! I looked at one makeup artist's website yesterday and she was charging £1 per mile for travel, which is just extortionate.

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

I was just going to ask the same thing!

For make up I have found a price of £80 for me and £45 for BMs and MOB including a trial, which I think we would all want.

What about for Hair? my usual hairdresser is £40 for the trial and £50 for the day - it doesn't say whether those prices are the same for BMs though...

This is about the only thing I'm all at sea at price wise - how do you know if they are going to be any good? and cncerned because we need to be ready to leave the hotel at 10am because wehave an 11am ceremony!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You don't unless they come recommended. I'll definitely be having a trial before making any firm decisions.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I'm paying £200 for hair and make up including trial.

She does the make up for a lot of photoshoots my photographer does and did my photographer's make up at her own wedding.

She's also recommended by Rochelle (HIB) on here.

• Rochelle (Make up HIB)
    Rochelle (Make up HIB) ·
    • Hide content

It varies massively depending on experience and quality of products used. Also expect to pay more for London and South East.

Check out your Mua's portfolio, testimonials etc and speak to them on the phone to see if you like the sound of them. Also check that the pics on their website are their own work and not stock shots. You would be surprised just how many Mua's use stock images on their website.

Hi Kharv ?, bought any lovely shoes lately?

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I know I am biased but in my opinion you get what you pay for with a makeup artist. I have been a bridal mua for 12 years and I've worked on over 800 brides. I also have a kit that contains over 60 bottles of Foubdation, 60+ eyeshadows and nearly 100 lipsticks. My kit is worth £5k+. Theres not a skintone, skintype, skin problem or style of makeup i cant deal with. My prices reflect all of this. I charge £70 practice, £70 wedding day for a bride and £50 practice, £50 wedding day for anyone else. Before you book someone you should be able to see good photos and reviews and lots if experience - this should mean you're in safe hands. Juliet x

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

Wow, mine seems super cheap in comparison to some of these! I had a free trial done at a bridal store event, loved it, got the compliments I'd be hoping for on my wedding day and booked her there and then! She is only charging £20 a head (I am paying for bridesmaids since their dresses came under budget), and because I booked her on the day she's giving me 10% off, so I'm paying £72 for 4 of us ?

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Mine is £135 and includes a trial 8-12 weeks before hand....she comes recommended from my MOH who used her for her wedding...

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Rochelle! I have actually - but they were only £12 in the sale. I'm not sure that counts...! They are lovely though! Ha.

• schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content

I think mine is £250 for myself (plus trial) and 3 bridesmaids. I've seen a good number of recs for her, seen lots of her work on her portfolio and she comes across as v professional. I'm happy to pay for a MUA who I have confidence in. Can't wait for my trial next month!

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

I think I am finding this the hardest thing of the whole planning so far! Just so out of my comfort zone. My usual hairdresser has just quoted £300 for me and 2 bridesmaids, hair only!

Back to the drawing board!

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

Anyone in the NW area I know a superb make up girl!

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

I have had quotes here in Wiltshire of around £80 for the trial and anywhere between £120 and £160 for my make up on the day.

Luckily my friends daughter is doing a 2 year media make up course which includes bridal make up and will have qualified by the time of the wedding so she is going to do mine and the 4 adult bridesmaids for £100, which as well as saving me loads of money works well as I would feel far more comfortable telling her I wasn't happy with it and asking her to change thinks that I would a stranger.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics