Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

stoice
Beginner September 2013

Pricing for bouquet and buttonholes

stoice, 12 of November of 2012 at 09:11 Posted on Planning 0 12

I've only got one quote so far for the flowers I'd like, does anyone know if this is reasonable?

For me, Teardrop bouquet - cream roses, brovadia, fressias with soft ruscus and rosemary = £90 (£108 incl VAT)

For bridesmaid, handtied bouquet using flowers as above = £45 (£54 incl VAT)

6 buttonholes - rose, ruscus, rosemary. Groom to have extra freesis and brovadia = £4 each (£4.80 each incl VAT)

2 corsages using flowers as above = £12 each (£14.40 each incl VAT)

Total is £183 or £219.60 incl VAT

Sneaky VAT! LOL

12 replies

Latest activity by ellebob, 13 of November of 2012 at 16:55
  • Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

That does sound a little expensive but all I am judging on is what we paid for ours (we're in London). We paid

My bouquet - £55

Bridesmaid bouquet - £30

Buttonholes and corsages - £3 each

Table decorations - £50 each

2 large displays - £95 each

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

That seems about right really.

My bouquet had similar flowers to yours and I paid £97.50, but mine was a posy, not a shower bouquet.

BMs had roses, ruscus and diamantes, about £35 each I think.

Men's button holes were ivory roses & foliage, £4 each, and groom & best man had extra flowers in theirs, £6 each.

Can't remember what we paid for the mums corsages, about £10 I think.

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

Thats expensive compared to what i have paid.

my bouquet white roses and fressias = £50

maid of honours = £30 same flowers as mine,

flower girls x3 gerbras with foulidge =£10 each!

main button holes =3.95

and large table decoration =£50

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. It seems it depends where you live and who you ask as prices seem to vary.

I've been to somewhere else for a detailed quote, and am waiting for the post, but they said as a ball park buttonholes are £4.50 (But no idea if that was inclusive of VAT or not)

Thing is I love the shower bouquets, and I know they're more expensive than a hand tied.

Lanny - seems we're on the same track, how has the dress buying gone? I got my veil from Pink Margaret over the weekend. It's FAB!

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

I was worried about it matching too but I explained to Margaret that my dress was ivory and she sent three samples. I then went to the shop with the samples and picked the best match. Simples!

*goes off for nosey of your dress*

• sammylou290
    Beginner August 2013
    sammylou290 ·
    • Hide content

We are on a tight budget, so I went onto eBay got 6 bridesmaids bouquets, red roses, white roses and black butterfly's total price £30, got 20 red rose and pearl button holes for £20, then I am having a wooden and shell Bouquet in red, handmade for £48. I do love the sound of your buttonholes, those flowers are lovely. xxxx

• KampKaz
    Beginner June 2014
    KampKaz ·
    • Hide content

A local florist is doing an wedding oackage offer for 180 which im going to disvuss a few tweaks to cos of things i dont want but i thought that was pretty cheap!

• ellebob
    Beginner February 2013
    ellebob ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting all my flowers inc at the venue for £187(inc VAT) so to me that seems expensive but that was a quote I got on Freecycle and every other quote was double so I think I got a really good deal x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics