Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner August 2024 Bristol

Pricing for onsite accomodation

Genevieve, 26 of January of 2024 at 16:04 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 1

Hello,

Our wedding venue has 8 "glamping" huts (each sleep 2 people) and a campsite for tents/campers that we have exclusive use of. We've paid £750 to reserve the whole thing on the night of our wedding.
What do you think is a fair breakdown of charging people for these? I was thinking of making the camping free, then splitting the cost between the glamping huts so £93 per hut. But would it be fairer to ask for say £10 to camp and make the glamping cheaper? Lots of our guests are interested in glamping so I don't think we will be able to accomodate everyone as it is.

For reference we're getting married this summer and nearby premier inns are about £140 per night for that date currently.

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 31 of January of 2024 at 18:12
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Is the charge for accommodation separate from the charge for the ceremony/reception venue? Assuming they operate as a regular campsite when not booked for a wedding, do you know what the cost is per night? That might give you something to go on.

How many pitches are on the campsite? Charging £10 to pitch a tent sounds fair, but if you have loads of people doing it, you could either make the the glamping pods ridiculously cheap, or else end up making a profit out of your guests, neither of which is likely to go down well!

So I'd look at the numbers you can cater for and go from there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics