Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsScott2be2018
Beginner September 2018

Primark Suits

MrsScott2be2018, 27 of January of 2018 at 19:26 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello everyone

My fiancee had a heart attack back in October and part of the reason was stressing about paying for the wedding. So we have cut back and saved a lot of money.

We are getting lovely brides maid dresses from eBay, I am getting a discounted dress. My fiancee is thinking of getting black suits from Primark for him and his groomsmen.

Has anyone else bought Primark suits, do you have any pictures?

Thank you

Grace

1 replies

Latest activity by jeffshamphoto, 2 of February of 2018 at 22:46
  • S
    Beginner March 2018
    Sandra-Dee ·
    • Hide content

Hi Grace,

I'm sorry to hear that planning and ultimately paying for your wedding stressed your future husband so much.

I don't have experience with Primark suits but I just had a quick look on the website and it looks like jacket and trousers are around £40.00 together. Unless the men already have shirts and matching ties/hankies (if you want them to match) I reckon you're looking at £60-70 per man?

Moss Bros offer quite reasonable hire packages. I just had a quick look and the Moss ESQ 3 Piece Tuxedo package (can be hired with bow tie or tie, waistcoat or cummerbund) is only £65.00 including jacket, trousers, shirt, tie/bow tie and waistcoat/cummerbund. Their standard hire period is 5 days now so you can pick up 2 days before the wedding and drop back 2 days after.

There are lots of other combinations which vary in price obviously but might be worth looking into it. I'm sure their quality is a lot better than Primark but I'm not a big fan of Primark anyway.

We opted the hire my H2B's suit because he's not a suit wearing person and won't wear it ever again.

I hope this helps,

Sandra

• jeffshamphoto
    Savvy March 2015
    jeffshamphoto ·
    • Hide content

We looked at a lot of budget options when we got married as we wanted suits that we could re-use. The feel and texture of Primark and BHS suits just feel didn’t feel right for us. In the end we bought from Burtons, which was and still is around £60-80 per suit regularly. Still synthetic materials but feel much nicer and more comfortable. I actually bought some wool suits from Burtons sale for about £50 each, and they’re the best (comfortable, breathable, warm, good cut), and I wear them to my weddings to this day. Worth keeping your eye out in the sales.

Sorry to hear about the stress though, I know how it feels, but try and keep it light and have fun with it. Easier said than done I know...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics