Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

2b_MrsB
Beginner June 2013

Printing mistake !

2b_MrsB, 15 June, 2012 at 14:17 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi Everyone.

Firstly apologies for massive pics (again) and rambling post ?

Postman delivered my STD postacards today which made me feel stupidly excited over what is essentially a few bits of card ?.

Opened them for a look, initial reaction was that they were just what I was hoping for then.....I turned the card over and realised the front was upside down ☹️

I'm aware errors happen but I'm undecided if it is our error or vistaprint's .

We previewed them online and this is how it was presented for us to ok it -

Both my OH and myself presumed that the rings would then be at the bottom of the page on both sides as they were set to the left on both images and the vista print web address (reverse side bottom right) reads the correct way up, this seemed a far assumption as there was no indication of top. bottom or left, right to guide us either.

But this is how they look laid out in the same fashion when they were delivered
-

So opinions please ! - who's error is it ours or have vistaprint made the mistake ?

As I said I'm aware errors happen so not really that upset by it, but has anyone had any dealings with vistaprint due to mistakes, if so did they resolve the problem hassle free?

oOh !! must point out that other than this issue I love them and they are of a good quality ?

Thanks in advance

L x

11 replies

Latest activity by 2b_MrsB, 16 June, 2012 at 11:17
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Without any guidance from Vistaprint as to top/bottom, I would assume these are the "wrong" way around and therefore a printing error. I'd contact them to get them reprinted. Even if they say they've done it correctly, I don't think it's reasonable for them to assume this is how people would expect it to be.

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Its vistaprint's error. Contact them for sure. I wouldn't pay to have them redone though if you get no luck off them. I doubt anyone would notice.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I would say that's Vistaprint's error. I'd email them.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed. I'd far rather have a refund than a reprint though... it's not an "end of the world" error like spelling your name wrong, you could argue they are meant to be that way so people can tape them to the fridge and flip them up to look at the other side ?

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies !

I can't send them out hoping no-one will notice as I have self adhesive magnets from ebay to put on the reverse above the writing so they'd be on hanging on my guests fridges' with the front upside down ☹️

I'll contact vistaprint, I'd be happy with a free reprint and delivery as I like them other than this issue.

• W
    Beginner August 2012
    waggamama ·
    • Hide content

Oh love don't worry about it, my invites had 'Church' mispelt to 'chruch'. I didn't even NOTICE and sent them all out regardless! A month later my brother calls from Australia to tell me he thinks it's a bit rude to have the wedding in the CHRUCH!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I think it must just be their printing error as i have used them a few time before with no problems and their templates are usually easy to follow and like you say you can preview what your design will look like before you order, they also usually save your order details in your account so you should be able to view if it was your mistake or theirs.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I've just double checked my order of service which is double sided from Vistaprint and on this occasion I would say its definitely Vistaprint who have made the mistake.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Theyare pretty good usually at sorting things out, not that I have really had any issues, so ask them

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I called them yesterday and was given an email address to send pictures showing the error and an explanation, so hopefully I'll hear back soon, I'm not in too much of a rush so no panic.

irrelephant- have you received your OOS ??

I designed them so that both images of the rings at the bottom of the card (left side of design), so thought the images of them would be back to back, is that how you designed your OOS ?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Vista are really good if an error has been made- I contacted them about a missing item from my order and they sent it express delivery no questions asked.

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is reassuring to hear - Thanks *Mini* ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics