Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2013

Printing on gatefold invites

conwc002, 23 of August of 2012 at 10:15 Posted on Planning 0 4

I'm thinking of doing my own invites but I really like gatefold! Just wondering how did you all manage to print on them? X

4 replies

Latest activity by Victor, 7 of June of 2024 at 17:25
  • cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

Are you having an insert on which you would print the main invite, then stick it into the gatefold?

Such as these:

Or were you thinking of printing directly onto the gatefold itself? Like this:

If so, you would probably need to mess around with your printer/program (that you're designing the invite on) settings.

In my opinion, printing onto an insert and sticking that to the gatefold looks better, and is probably easier to do.

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

I thought about this style and was going to print onto squares and stick them in - as the inserts above. Though I can never get printers to do as I want Smiley smile

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

If you were planning on printing straight onto the card, you would probably have to use a text box in word and set the page orientation to landscape, and possibly change it on your printer settings too. I do think it looks much better with an insert stuck on though. Adds a bit more colour and texture etc to it.

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    conwc002 ·
    • Hide content

Thinking of doing something similar to the invite that had lucinda and James on it! It looks lovely! Just got to price up how much it will be! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics