Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bamboo
Beginner September 2014

Printing on pearlescent card

bamboo, 17 of October of 2013 at 04:34 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi, has anyone had any luck with printing on pearlescent card? I'm going to buy the cards from pdacardandcraft and they've given me advice that it's best to get them professionally printed.

I would prefer to print them myself because I'm hoping it would be cheaper. I've got both an inkjet and laser printer, but can't get the laser printer to even pick up thick card so will have to use the inkjet.

If it's best to get them printed professionally, does anyone have recommendations for cheap places which does it?

Any advice would be great!

2 replies

Latest activity by Jennifer, 30 of March of 2024 at 16:37
  • Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Good morning.

Unfortunately, some pearlescent doesn't print on inkjets. PDA are right in what they say. It needs to be laser printed at the very least. The problem with inkjet is that the ink just sits on the surface and looks patchy and NEVER dries so can smudge very easily.

Nat

• Jens Hand Crafted Stationery
    Jens Hand Crafted Stationery ·
    • Hide content

I've also found this to be the case with pearlescent card. Inkjet printers leave the text looking very blotchy.

Have you considered printing on a plain card instead? I've never had a problem with this. Might be something to consider if you're wanting to print them yourselves.

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics