Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner

Problems with my photographer. Help!

LuxuriousGoldDiamonds79972, 11 of January of 2021 at 16:03 Posted on Off Topic Posts 1 4
We got married in September 2020. Was originally meant to be may 2020 but due to covid we had to change. We booked our photographer for the original date and we had a free engagement photoshoot thrown in. So we did that in the July August time and the photos were nice actually. He took two weeks to get them back to us.

Comes to the wedding and we had to add on videography to him as we were only allowed 30 people. So he kept saying he wouldn't be able to do both at the same time (in my head i thought he'd set up a tripod for the video click record and move around with the camera.) But his camera he used was the one that did the filming and the photos so we had a mix of it all. Anyway cut to 8 weeks after the wedding and we still have no photos or video. Another 2 weeks and we finally get some and they are awful. Really bad. We have sent them back to him to rejig them and fox the faults but still no reply. Its 4 months after the fact now and we have no decent photos to show for it. The video he did was nice but he's missed off half of the groom and my sisters speech and all of his dad's speech. So people that missed it cannot even see that and get the full speeches. Im unsure now what I can do. We text him but he doesn't reply. We were his only wedding last year and his only work so we know he wasn't busy and he is still posting on Facebook so we know nothing bad had happened. Anyone know what we can do??

4 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousGoldDiamonds79972, 12 of January of 2021 at 13:35
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Hi

You say "But his camera he used was the one that did the filming and the photos so we had a mix of it all."

That sounds like he only has one camera, which is not how a professional would work.

I have been in the same situation and asked if I could film as well and I always have to say no because I can not do both to a professional standard at the same time even though I use two cameras at a wedding and have spares. If he is only using 1 camera then when shooting vid he is going to run out of card space and battery, possibly much quicker than he realised if he does not usually shoot vid, perhaps that could explain the missed speeches.

Do you have a contract. Did he charge extra for the vid.

What was wrong with the images that he sent.

Instead of texting or any other messaging, phone him.

• L
    Beginner
    LuxuriousGoldDiamonds79972 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes he charged extra for the video. £450. The pictures either had someone (from my party) in the background, his bags etc, rubbish and cups, or the lighting was poor and he has made amendments to some and it come out terribly. There also is an 's' on every photo that might be something on his lense. He took one photo of us at night with my bridesmaids with sparklers and he himself has cast shadow on my dress so you cannot see me at all. And he has given me a picture of the back of the waitress carrying a tray of opened and empty champagne bottles???? My husbands speech was last so he should have my father in laws speech.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you have any images that you can send me so I can have a look for you. That 's' thing sounds odd.

• L
    Beginner
    LuxuriousGoldDiamonds79972 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have replied to your email. Thank you xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics