Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner January 1999

Processional song......what are people having?

Kilner, 6 of May of 2015 at 18:26 Posted on Planning 0 21

Hi

Been spending so much time looking for a suitable processional song!!

Would like something a bit upbeat as I really don't want to cry if possible lol!

Just wondered what song choices you have made? Looking for inspiration ?

Thank you

21 replies

Latest activity by Calella, 7 of May of 2015 at 11:45
  • S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarah.jones ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking down the aisle to instrumental Give me Your Hand by Carlyle Fraser, its Celtic & I think its just beautiful plus ohs family have Irish heritage so bit of a nod to them. Signing register is white horses by Jacky, a fav from my childhood & back down the aisle to let's get married by the proclaimers !

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    MissRachael ·
    • Hide content

An instrumental version of 'Here comes the sun' then out to 'Good day sunshine'

I really love the sun ?

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content

I'm going down the aisle to

River Flows In You - Yiruma

• MrsG_to_be
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsG_to_be ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking down the aisle to Laura Izibor called Mmm and walking back up the aisle with my new husband (yay) to Queen you're my best friend.

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content

Love so many Beatles songs.. Here comes the sun is a contender as it's a very happy tune to walk in to!

• critter1066
    Beginner September 2015
    critter1066 ·
    • Hide content

Walking down to karen Ramirez 'looking for love'. Quite upbeat to encourage myself not to nervously vomit on myself as I walk down.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    Clairebo ·
    • Hide content

Oh don't do this to me after we have finally chosen our songs ....

walking in to. Take my hand by Emily Hackett. (Really wanted Heaven by Do n Dj Sammy but can't grrrrrr)

signing. Chasing cars. Snow patrol (song we BOTH put on jukebox night we met)

walking out to Rule the world Take that (to show all the doubters how far we have come ?)

so many songs to choose from its hard

x

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

We walked in to Stone Roses' Ten Storey Love Song. Walked out to The Cure's Friday I'm In Love

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content

My processional was Style Council 'You're the best thing'. Our recessional was the Ramones cover of 'Baby, I love you'

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

I've gone a bit more alternative with arrival to earth to walk in to (its from transformers- the first time optimus transforms) I like it because its instrumental and dramatic without being over used. Then we are walking out to you make by dreams by hall and oates!

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content

Love hearing your choices - thanks.

So many fantastic songs to choose.

Just been chatting to OH and think we may have an agreement on processional now...English Rose by The Jam (although would use Paul Weller's more recent acoustic version as his voice is so much better now!). It's a significant song for us but was thinking I may get a bit emotional which I don't want. Might play it to death until July - I'll be sick of it by the wedding - lol!!

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

Walked into John legend all of you and out too I've had the time of my life from dirty dancing xx

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We used the lyrics to English Rose as one of our readings. It was beautiful.

• R
    Beginner August 2015
    R0S ·
    • Hide content

Our processional is The Proclaimers, let's get married! I'm walking down to Metallica, nothing else matters! (To the horror of nearly everyone I've told)

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

Am having an instrumental version of "Here, There and Everywhere" by the Beatles. As we from liverpool its fitting and also I loved it since I seen phoebe and mike in friends have it for the wedding in the snow. Then walking out to The Wannadies "You and Me" from Romeo and Juliet, its really fun and upbeat.

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

I haven't decided on mine yet. It's going to be kept secret from the groom until he hears it as I walk down the aisle so useful to see what others are planning to give me ideas!

• R
    Beginner May 2015
    RainbowBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

A thousand years by Christina perri for processional, signing register- ed sheeran Tenerife sea and lucky by Jason Mraz, recessional marry you Bruno Mars x

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good choice! Beautiful song

Still have 3 songs for signing for register to choose and recessional...Think we will have Afterglow of your Love by Small Faces in there somewhere. Bit obscure but that's better in my opinion!

• cez1987
    Beginner October 2015
    cez1987 ·
    • Hide content

Christina perri. A thousand years. I am a huge twilight fan lol

• HappyPinkCakes325
    Beginner August 2015
    HappyPinkCakes325 ·
    • Hide content

I'm considering an instrumental version of 'somewhere over the rainbow' do you guys think that's too cheesy?! Lol. I'm really stuck with these processional songs! Lol

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrsmalpass ·
    • Hide content

We are having a harpist play for our ceremony and an hour after, i hve chosen to walk down the isle to, nuvole bianche ludovico Einaudi, its the rest of the music im struggling with!

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

We're having a piper pipe me in and us out together. OH and I had a bit of a joke last night about getting him to play the starwars theme! He said the Imperial march but I said no!

I did want signed sealed delivered for the signing of the register but I don't think we'll be able to have that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics