Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Professional Pumpkin Carving

22 March, 2012 at 14:02 Posted on Planning 0 17

This is probably really random, but my OH and I would like pumpkin centre pieces, we have been looking at white pumpkins and tiger pumpkins and wanted them to be carved quite vintage looking with different patterns/holes in/on them, at the moment it's a really early thought but I have tried googling for people who do this professionally and I am a bit lost.

Not really your everyday request and I dont suppose you all know millions of companies but can someone point me in the right direction please? Or at least try! I live in Faversham, Kent.

17 replies

Latest activity by squidgybob, 23 March, 2012 at 16:25
  • Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Im not sure but maybe try like an ice sculpture business or something?? they might have someone who could help?? Smiley smile

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

Teehee!! I thought this too!!

Where abouts are you?

I would agree, that finding anyone who carves anything would probably be a good starting point... doubt there is enough work for a full timepumpkin carver ;o)

And sod FMIL, I think these sound fab! especially with the types of pumkins you have described!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Seriously i would have a go yourselves, a quick google gives loads of ideas and downloadable patterns like these https://www.dltk-holidays.com/halloween/mpatterns.htm

• I
    Beginner May 2013
    ilovejay ·
    • Hide content

How about art students at a nearby college?

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    FuturePowell ·
    • Hide content

My friend had carved pumpkins for her wedding and they looked amazing!

She did them all herself which I think was a lot of hard work but definitely worth it! Xx

• O
    Beginner October 2012
    orange201012 ·
    • Hide content

We are having pumpkin centrepieces too... except we are just carving out the middle and filling with flowers. Our florist is doing the carving!

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

Although i am not a professional by a long shot, i think pumpkins arent too hard to carve if you have end up doing them yourself - i have done them before with the patterns, andas long as you go slow and use a small sharp knife, its quite easy. lots of yummy pumpkin soup too with the leftovers!

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Random answer for a random question but maybe who ever you have hired to do your cake can help. cakes decorating can be so intricate, that the person doing it must have artistic flair, worth asking IMO

Good Luck

L x

• I
    Beginner May 2013
    ilovejay ·
    • Hide content

Just a thought....are you thinking of lighting them? if so are you allowed to use candles at your venue?.......i like the flowers in them idea.

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if this is any help - they look amazing:

https://designsponge.com/2010/10/diy-project-janices-illustrated-pumpkins.html

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They look lovely, great idea to not carve all the way through. x

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    squidgybob ·
    • Hide content

There is actually a website devoted to pumpkin carving:

http://www.bumpkinpumpkins.co.uk/pumpkin-news.asp?story=14