Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2012

Professional Toastmaster/Master of Ceremonies

soon-to-be-Mrs-King, 18 May, 2011 at 15:28 Posted on Planning 0 8

I was just wondering if anybody is considering having a professional toastmaster/master of ceremonies. I've always thought of them as more suited to a more formal type wedding so was put off as we do not want our day to feel all stuffy and rigid (if you know what i mean). However we do want the day to run smoothly and although you can allocate tasks to friends/family we did not want to give any of them a 'job' to do on the day as we want everybody to relax and enjoy themselves.

We are now considering having one, so I thought I would ask you ladies what your thoughts were or if you have any experiences, recommendations of a toastmaster/master of ceremonies.

8 replies

Latest activity by DebbieD, 18 May, 2011 at 21:10
  • Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

We've booked a guy called David Emery and he is £150 which is far cheaper than any other quotes we've had. He's really nice/ex-police so fully trust him to make sure everyone is where they should be.

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content

We are having one but he is my dad's best friend. I don't want anything too stuffy, but he offered and really wanted to do it for us. I'm quite pleased that i will have someone there to help the day run as smoothly as possible and really glad it is a close family friend.

• M
    Beginner
    MissZKG ·
    • Hide content

We're having one... I work in events and I can fully see the value of them and also our venue isnt a traditional wedding venue so I want someone there to run 'the show' so to speak! It means another pair of hands on board for sorting out potential problems or issues and helping out generally during the day. For peace of mind, I would fully recommend them.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

There is a difference between a toastmaster and a master of ceremonies.

A toaster master tends to wear red coat and conduct very formally

A master of ceremonies is a more relaxed approach to the same role.

• RebeccaLou87
    Beginner October 2011
    RebeccaLou87 ·
    • Hide content

We're having one. Ours calls himself a "Toastmaster". He will be dressed in a red coat and will look after all of the formal aspects for us.

Im really glad were having him, as nobody else will have to worry about arranging everyone and announcing anything. xx

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LittleMissB ·
    • Hide content

We are having one the venue we have provides him, not sure we would have considered one tho ??

Katrina x x

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm going to sound really thick now, but I never realised until I started WP that this was an actual job people did. I just assumed that venues provided one free and for those who weren't getting married in a big venue, you just had to find a loud-mouthed uncle to tell everyone what they should be doing next.

I think our venue provides one *runs off to check venue's website*

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

We felt that their main duty would be to announce dinner, us entering the dinning room, and each of the speaches oh and cutting the cake, so we got BM to do it!

• DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content

I suggest you read this post on my blog about toastmaster vs on the day co-ordinator.

http://wedding-wonders.blogspot.com/2010/05/on-day-of-wedding-i-usually-set-off-at.html

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics