Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Koshka
Beginner July 2002

Profiteroles-stuck

Koshka, 30 of June of 2008 at 10:11 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 23

I was nominated by my brother to cook profiteroles for a family meal today. We're meeting and I think/feel trying to impress his new girlfriend.

I followed the Gorden Ramsey recipe, placing them on greaseproof paper. I have cooked them and the buggers have all stuck.

I thought greaseproof paper wasn't meant to stick.

They'll look crap if I fill them in the "cups" that are left (instead of the round buns) wont they?

23 replies

Latest activity by Calvin, 18 of April of 2024 at 11:14
  • alleroo
    Beginner January 2007
    alleroo ·
    • Hide content

Did you grease the paper?

• Koshka
    Beginner July 2002
    Koshka ·
    • Hide content

No, didn't grease the paper.

• spacecadet_99
    Beginner
    spacecadet_99 ·
    • Hide content

That'll be what went wrong, you need to grease greaseproof paper to stop things sticking to it.

• alleroo
    Beginner January 2007
    alleroo ·
    • Hide content

I reckon that's your problem then, you still need to grease the paper or things can stick

• Koshka
    Beginner July 2002
    Koshka ·
    • Hide content

I always thought grease-proof didnt need grease <hense the name>

On the recipe it doesn't say grease the paper either.

• alleroo
    Beginner January 2007
    alleroo ·
    • Hide content

It helps things come free from baking tins and the like because it's a solid barrier between the tin and the food, but the food will still stick to it if you don't grease it

bad recipe for not telling you to grease first ? Can you remake them?

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    carolinabena ·
    • Hide content

do you have non stick paper to use instead? I'd make another batch, sorry, it's not like meringue where you can turn them into something creatively messy (eton mess)

I think i've also used foil which peeled off okay

• Koshka
    Beginner July 2002
    Koshka ·
    • Hide content

I can't remake them, I don't have enough ingrediants (money to buy them) or time.

We'll have to stick to Lemon Meringue pie that my mum has made.

• alleroo
    Beginner January 2007
    alleroo ·
    • Hide content

I'm guessing that carefully peeling the other half off the paper, popping it over the gap, and then sealing it all with melted chocolate won't work then

• Shiny
    Rockstar September 2005 Cambridgeshire
    Shiny ·
    • Hide content

Can you fill them, put the filled side/hole downwards and then top with chocolate. I have done that before and it works fine - it depends how much of a cup you have!

• W
    wenchintraining ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you do that and arrange unchocolated profiteroles in a trifle bowl and then pour choc over the top, when people dig in they will never know.

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    carolinabena ·
    • Hide content

can you stick the two halves together with the whipped cream?

• Michpuss
    Rockstar May 2004
    Michpuss ·
    • Hide content

Or sandwich the cups that are left with cream in the middle and then drizzle over the chocolate? You'll only have half the amount but at least they won't be wasted.

• Michpuss
    Rockstar May 2004
    Michpuss ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I need to speed up my typing - you got there first ?

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    carolinabena ·
    • Hide content

• R
    Illinois
    Ryan ·
    • Hide content

Have you ever experienced the heartache of having your hard-earned Bitcoins stolen? It's a humiliating ordeal that leaves victims feeling defenseless and helpless. But don't panic; with the help of [hackrecovery AT yandex DOT ru], I was able to retrieve my stolen $300,000 worth of Bitcoin. Contact Hack Recovery to assure the best possible recovery of your lost funds if you have a similar issue.

• A
    Greater Manchester
    Alexis ·
    • Hide content

Crypto stolen from Coinbase wallet!

I had my Coinbase wallet wiped out in a single transaction I didn't know what to do and couldn't get a hold of Coinbase. This transaction emptied out all my Ethereum and Bitcoin. This was not me and I needed help after losing roughly 221,000 dollars. I went to the police to file a report and I also filed a claim to the FBI but they couldn't help. I got someone who recommended "hackwest at writeme dot com", within 72 hours West was able to recover all my funds and also revealed the men behind the dirty act. I wish to let everyone know that it is possible to get your money back if you contact the right person and follow instructions.
  • Bogdan
    Beginner February 2024 Bedfordshire
    Bogdan ·
    • Hide content

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF INVESTMENT OR NFT SCAM? DO YOU WANT TO INVESTIGATE A CHEATING SPOUSE? DO YOU DESIRE CREDIT REPAIR (ALL BUREAUS)? SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH AN ETHICAL HACKER ASAP TO GET STARTED.

Let us show you the art of Ethical Hacking….!
    EMERALD HACKS is a financial regulator, PRIVATE investigation and funds recovery body. We specialize in cases as regards ETHICAL HACKING, CRYPTOCURRENCY, FAKE INVESTMENT SCHEMES and RECOVERY SCAM. We are also experts in CREDIT REPAIR, we analyze what’s impacting your score. All software tools needed to execute RECOVERIES from start to finish are available in stock.Kindly NOTE that the available tools does NOT apply to CREDIT FIX.
    Be ALERT to FALSE reviews and testimonies on the internet, the authors and perpetrators unite to form a syndicate.
    Contact our team as soon as you can via the email address below to book a mail meeting with an ethical hacker.emeraldhacks(.)org@gmail(.)com
    Stay Safe out there !
  • U
    Central District
    Uzma ·
    • Hide content

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I recovered 6.26476 BTC I lost to a fake Forex Investment Company. Many thanks to hackrecovery At yandex Dot ru, a professional recovery experts and team of hackers I hired to help me track and recover my funds. If there is any way you find Yourself in a similar situation, I will advise you to reach out to these guys. They are the best professionals in the market. I am so glad my funds were recovered through their support, this is one of the best decisions I made this year.

• D
    Beginner July 2024 Texas
    Deshauna ·
    • Hide content

I appreciate "ReCOVERYCOINGROUP AT GMAIL DOT COM" for helping me recover my 3.9BTC, I was a victim of a romance scam and was persuaded to invest. Just when I was about to withdraw my funds and I was asked to pay some charges before I can withdraw, I knew something was right but I paid 12,000 USDT and was asked to pay another 20,000 USDT then I told my colleague who then recommended Recovery Coin Group (RCG) and in less than 72 hours all my money was recovered. Thank you once again RCG for your sincere help.

• Carter
    East London
    Carter ·
    • Hide content

The thought of losing your Bitcoin or any digital asset can be overwhelming and confusing. It’s like losing a treasure chest with immense potential for financial growth. However, (RECOVERYCOINGROUP at geemale dot com) understands this perplexity and offers a solution that brings hope into the equation. When I first discovered Recovery Coin Group (RCG) it was like finding a light at the end of a dark tunnel. Their comprehensive range of services, specifically tailored to help individuals recover lost bitcoin, caught my attention. With their expertise and track record of successful recoveries, I felt reassured that I was in capable hands. RCG approach is characterized by bustiness, providing quick and effective solutions, mitigating the continuous crypto scam and bringing to bear these perpetual scammers. Thanks again RCG for recovering my 3.9 BTC without any kind of hiccup.

• A
    Beginner August 2024 Norfolk
    Aaron ·
    • Hide content

I am Aaron Brooks, I live in California and a victim of a scam. I saw a Facebook ad about a purported crypto brokerage, operating the website primegroup.global. I visited the website and communicated with “advisors” who claimed to be with the company Euro Resource, LLC. Under the guidance of one of these advisors, I transferred funds from my checking account to an account I established on the brokerage platform and started trading crypto assets. The “advisors” used WhatsApp to communicate with me. After transferring approximately $280,714 to the website, the advisor ceased responding to me. I had written to “RECOVERYCOINGROUP at GMAIL dot COM” who after about 72 hours recovered my capital. I feel so elated already and I am glad I took the bold step. Just so you know, you can contact them for your fund recovery.

• Calvin
    Beginner January 2025 Leicestershire
    Calvin ·
    • Hide content

Have your bitcoins been stolen from your wallet or have you invested in a fraudulent ICO or fell for an investment scam? You are not alone; I experienced the same thing. I initially lost $147k from Cryptoallday and a few other sites in three months. I contacted the authorities, who referred me to Hackwest at writeme dot com, which helped me recover all of my funds in less than two days. I’m speaking up to raise awareness about cryptocurrency thieves and to do everything in my power to keep victims to a minimum.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics