Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

GeordieBarbie
Beginner May 2010

Pronovias...?

GeordieBarbie, 12 November, 2009 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 11

Anyone wearing a Pronvias? I've just discovered them and they have some luuuuuuuuuuurvely dresses... ?

I'm home alone tonight and drooling over dresses... ?

11 replies

Latest activity by lisaloulou, 13 November, 2009 at 22:23
  • Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I'm not wearing Provonvias but I did try a couple on that I really, really liked.

Their dresses are gorgeous

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

The ones I tried on were both £1000

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Not sure of the price actually - I've only seen the cost of them on Landy Bridal!

I've got a dress appointment in December and found that they stock Pronovias so hopefully I get to see some.

I love them - i love the fact their so plan and elegant. I have a feeling that my guests will be expecting me to wear a real princess blingy wedding dress but all the ones I've liked so far are actually quite plain. One of my favorites was completely plain! ?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Heres the two I tried on - one was £1050 and the other £1080 - can't remember what way round it went but they were both gorgeous on.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is the one i'm looking at getting!!! ?

It's similar to something I've tried on already. Lurve it!! ❤️

I also love the fact it's called Hawai (although spelt wrong) as it's where OH first told me he loved me ?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

GB it all sounds perfect for you!!!!!

I got my dress in January and I had wobbles so went and tried dresses on again in September. This was the only dress that could have beaten the one I've got but I wasn't comfortable with the fishtail shape but thats just me in general - I felt like that in every fishtail dress I tried. It was stunning on though and suited my shape 100%. The fabric was a really heavy satin which just felt beautiful on. I tried it in the oyster colour which is gorgeous and would recommend it.

This might have been what I went for had I not bought the dress I have (does that make sense???? lol)

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Haha! It does! ?

I found a dress last year when I was looking with my best mate for hers which I always loved and wanted to try on - it was known as "Dream Dress" (Maggie Sottero - Philippa).

I tried to try it on but the shop sample was far too small so I couldn't try it. I started to try on a few "fuller" styles and then found one I really liked which was a bit fuller than the traditional fishtail but still had the shape and was a bit more "princessy". The one I really liked was £1200 (Constantina - "Christina") then I asked for one similar style but cheaper and was shown a Blue by Enzoani dress - "Avery" which I loved (slighlty better at £897).

I've since found Pronovias and think i'm liking the plainer look again. (I'm buying from Landy Bridal)

"Dream Dress", "Christina", "Avery"

I'm off back to try them on in December ?

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Ohh! My first dress flash! ?

Can't wait for December now!!

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

I've done a couple of weddings this year where the bride has worn a pronovias dress, and they've both looked amazing. Really simple and elegant. I know one was quoted £1800 for hers and ended up buying it for £800 online! I think she had a few sleepless nights over how long it took to arrive, but it was from an authorised stockist and arrived in plenty of time in the end.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I didn't have a Pronovias dress but tried on a few and they are GORGEOUS. I wanted a lace dress so was in my element as they had loads of choice. Budget-wise, one of them was £750.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics