Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner April 2013

Pronovias brides: dress sizing help!!!!

NatalielovesJustin, 1 June, 2012 at 22:44 Posted on Planning 0 2

So I found and ordered my dress last week at the Pronovias store in London!!! (It's a Finisterre) I was so excited though that it all kind of went by i a whirl wind and I didn't really pay attention to what was happening.

I had heard so many bad things about the store, and even horror stories about brides getting horrendously incorrectly sized dresses and terrible alterations from this particular shop, so even though everything went really well and the shop was great, now I look back on the appointment I have started to panic majorly!!

The seamstress measured me and we went upstairs to order, and the shop assistant said that I was between sizes, which I know all too well (pear shaped) so when she said that the seamstress reccommended we go with the size down because of the shape of the dress, I said fine, as I want it to be very fitted. I am between an 8 and a 10, and had read that wedding dresses usually are sized bigger so was expecting her to say 10 and a 12, so you can imagine my surprise when she said we were ordering a size 6!!!

I had had a glass of bubbly by this point and was so giddy from finding the right dress that I stupidly didn't say anything, and now I'm home and have had a few days to think it over I'm really panicking!! It's impossible to get through to the store on the phone and the shop assistants obviously are't trained seamstresses so I'm really hoping someone has some advice or experience with these guys to make me calm down!

I'm going to go back to the store in the next few weeks and insist they measure me again, but until then I can barely sleep! Help!

2 replies

Latest activity by Vintage84, 1 June, 2012 at 23:06
  • V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Well I guess it depends on the cut but I have a Pronovias Bianca dress & I'm a size 10/12......the dress I have is a 12 & will need to be taken in very slightly. Are you sure when they said size 6 they werent talking about a US 6? That would be a UK 10, which would make sense. Xx

• N
    Beginner April 2013
    NatalielovesJustin ·
    • Hide content

No one mentioned anything about US sizing, it just says 006 on the order form. I was hoping someone would say that Pronovias dresses just come up big and so you order a smaller size than normal! Obviously not Smiley sad

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Fingers crossed it might be US, but I would call them tomorrow & explain your concerns. My dress is A-line so it could still be down to the cut of the dress. Either way, if it turns up & it's the wrong size it is totally their fault xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics