Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner

Pronovias dresses

Alsxx, 29 March, 2010 at 13:03 Posted on Planning 0 12

I'm getting married next July and have my heart set on having a Pronovias dress. I went to a shop yesterday to try on my first dresses, and tried 4 pronovias dresses, they all looked amazing! I couldn't try on the 2 dresses I really like, Hamlet and Mireia, so I need to track these down... Can anyone recommend any shops and give an idea of costs of dresses and alterations? I live in Kent so can get to all surrounding counties, and work in London. I assume the new bond street store stock all of the dresses? Do they stock a variety of sizes?? Is there any limit to the amount you can try on, and are they really expensive??

12 replies

Latest activity by Alsxx, 28 December, 2010 at 20:07
  • M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content

I can't help with the london shop or prices but I'm in Yorkshire and I tried on Mito and it was £1895.

It was beautiful though.

Hope you manage to find the two you like x

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm sorry I can't exactly help but I'm also in love with the Hamlet dress. Haven't got to the stage of trying any on yet but I also live in Kent so will be keeping an eye on this thread for any tips on where to find this dress close to Kent! I'm not sure how much Hamlet it but I think I remember reading somewhere on some website that it is £1600, but can't seem to find that again now (I need to start bookmarking pages!!)

Can I ask which shops you tried the dresses on in? Just because I have my heart set on Hamlet so don't want to go to too many places that haven't actually got it. Did you try Bride & Groom in Bromley or Gravesend? They stock Pronovias.

x

• A
    Beginner
    Alsxx ·
    • Hide content

I actually tried them on in a shop in Southampton as I was at my Parents, I have e-mailed the shop in Bromley and they don't stock it. There are actually 8 dresses I have my eye on, and the Bromley shop only have 1 of the 8. I have e-mailed a few other shops to see if they stock any of them, I guess it will be a case of going to different shops, or the New Bond street store to be able to try them all on.

I looked on the Oriental Pearl website, and they had the Diamante dress that I tried on, the price was about £1,100, whereas the price in the shop in Southampton was £1,550 - so a big difference!

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

I'm begin cheeky and having mine made. kinda copying one style the Manuel Moto Templo dress. I just loved the neckline on it and I'm getting it at least half price.

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Bride's Boutique in Bournemouth carry them, you might give them a ring and see if they have them there. 441-202293444

Good luck with the dress hunt! They are gorgeous gowns.

Teri

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

Try going on https://www.pronovias.com/ clicl on the stockists bit and in your area and it will list all the shops that sell pronovias and then you can phone them and ask if they have the certain dress you want in stock.

thats what i done to find the bonny dress i wanted Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner
    fizzlop ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vickstix, i too the Templo dress - can i ask where you got it made? and was it a good copy - fabric fit etc? I really love it but dont want to pay £1800 for it...

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry can't help with this thread, but i love the pronovias dresses and am on the look out of where i can try some on in the new year, but am in North West, have located one shop but they only stock about 3 of dresses!!

Let us know how you get on..

Am also thinking they may be way over my budget so am hoping to try a few favs on and maybe go down the route of getting one made.

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

I had a woman local to me make it. I paid £750 to have it made! If you're in Suffolk I'll give you her name.

• H
    happy girl ·
    • Hide content

Wow!!! they dress are so beautiful, i have seen their dresses. like them very much. i know where you can find this dresses,

www.7show.com

i find this website by chance.you can have a look!!

• A
    Alice Brown ·
    • Hide content

I know one website selling kinds of wedding dresses, all dresses are custom-made according to your detailed sizes and special request, and the price is very reasonable.maybe you should have a look!

http://merbridal.com/

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Hi Als, I hope you track a stockist there are so many so you should be ok. I am also a July birde, and I have bought Mireia, it is simpley amazing! It was the first Pronovias gown I tried on and I was blown away. The pictures on the net do it no justice, it hides alot of the detail, but when you try it on Im sure you'l love it as much as me. Good luck x

• A
    Beginner
    Alsxx ·
    • Hide content

In the end I got my dress from the Pronovias store on New Bond Street - I went for Frisol, I tried on a few, however i was beaming wearing Frisol so it was definitely the one! The service was really good, and it was a lot cheaper than I imagined for the dress, plus the alterations (unlimited) were £150 - again a lot cheaper than other shops I went to. Cant wait, my first fitting is booked for the 17th June!!! Just trying to decide whether to go for a veil now..!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics