Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner May 2019

Pronovias wedding dress taken in 3 sizes?

Tink1990, 8 of March of 2018 at 17:35 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi everyone!

This is my first post so be kind Smiley smile I've been searching for a dress for the past few weeks, and have fallen in love with a Pronovias dress. Full price, it's within my budget, but the sample is for sale at half the price. However I'm a size 8 and it's a size 14...

The lady in the shop is also the seamstress and has said she can take it in for me no problems, and regularly does. However I got in touch with an independent seamstress, who recommended that I order in my actual size, and said it won't look as good if it's taken in.

I'm very scared of risking it losing it's shape, and in some ways would prefer to pay full price rather than risk it (although it pains me to say that).

It's tarnishing the experience somewhat as I just don't know what to do! Have any of you girls who are a bit closer to the wedding had a dress taken in this many sizes? I've heard that wedding dresses run small, so I guess it might not be so bad?

Thanks so much!

1 replies

Latest activity by Tink1990, 10 of March of 2018 at 16:40
  • A
    Beginner November 2018
    autumneyes231 ·
    • Hide content

I would 100% trust the ladies who run the shop. If you think about how many wedding dresses they sell, they do alterations ALL the time, including making the dresses a smaller size. I'm very confident that you won't be able to tell that the dress has been altered, you never can!

You are right in saying that wedding dresses run small, I don't think it'll be as drastic as it sounds.

• T
    Beginner May 2019
    Tink1990 ·
    • Hide content

Hi autumneyes231,

Thanks so much for your response, was exactly what I wanted to hear. I went back to the shop today (with my mum and sister this time), and I fell in love with the dress all over again. Hearing them talk about the alterations it's clear they completely know what they're doing, and I feel extremely safe in their hands. I bought the dress and feel hugely relieved with no doubt left at all. HOORAY!

Thanks again for your response, so good to hear Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics