Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner June 2017

Prosecco instead of champagne for toast??

FutureMrsCC, 28 of November of 2016 at 16:59 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi,

Is it ok to have prosecco instead of champagne for the toasts and speeches? I don't really like champagne and prosecco is much cheaper. Just wondered if anyone else had done this?

Thanks,

Nic

10 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousOrangeStationery624, 30 of November of 2016 at 09:28
  • katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

Of course!! We were planning to have prosecco purely for the price. But my FIL very generously offered to upgrade our drinks package so we ended up with champers in the end.

Who knows the difference anyway?! ? We did our speeches first so all of the glasses were already poured before we even sat down x

• P
    Beginner October 2017
    Purpleshoes13 ·
    • Hide content

We are having prosecco for our toast Smiley smile in fact I bought it on Saturday as there was a good offer on in the supermarket. If you are supplying your own alcohol I recommend following prosecco watch on facebook as the share when diffrent proseccos are on offer.

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Our standard drinks package included prosecco so why not? Smiley laugh

• T
    Beginner April 2017
    TashAndOwl ·
    • Hide content

I think prosecco is the done thing these days really. I would certainly never turn it down!

• R
    Beginner June 2018
    RomanticBrownCakes683 ·
    • Hide content

Absoloutely - at our wedding, we didnt even provide drinks so good on ya!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

We're going to do that - we can provide our own alcohol so we're going to get prosecco for the toasts & speeches as well as the welcome drink.

Am now following Prosecco Watch on FB - thanks for the tip!

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

We're planning to have choice of port of Prosecco for the toasts. A) because we like it more than champagne. B) it's cheaper and C) our first holiday together was in Venice and prosecco comes from the veneto area. I'm currently pushing for us to have peach bellinis as our welcome drinks as it's what we had the night we first said we loved each other. So cheesy I know.

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

For our toast the waiters just made sure everyone had a glass of whatever they were drinking, even if it was water, just so they had something to toast with Smiley smile I don't think anybody really minds what they're toasting with!

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I would much rather have prosecco than champagne Smiley smile

Aw Bacchant that's so lovely, and peach belinis are lovely xx

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely! We had prosecco because numerous reasons, one being I don't like champagne but do like prosecco, and apart from me, my parents and another guest no would be able to tell, plus it was cheaper.

We went to a wedding recently and they had cava, due to this they were very generous with the top ups ?, so as long as people have bubbles it really doesn't matter have what you like and what you can afford.

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeStationery624 ·
    • Hide content

Prosecco is essentially champagne made in Italy. If someone hands me a glass of something sparkling, I always just assume I am drinking champagne unless someone tells me otherwise.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics