Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner December 2013

Pub reception?

StephanieBryan, 14 October, 2012 at 21:36 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi all,

We are looking into start planning our wedding and really need to do this on a budget. I'm thinking of a pub reception with a buffet as we are not keen on the sit down meal.

Has anyone done this or thinking of doing this? If so, what did you do when the pub closed at 11?

8 replies

Latest activity by NathalieSB, 15 October, 2012 at 14:35
  • kezza12
    Beginner September 2013
    kezza12 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi like you, we are on a tight budget so we have hired a function room in a lovely bar/restuarant and are scrapping the sit down meal and going for a buffet, we can have the fucntion room till 1am tho so havnt got to worry about everything finishing to early x

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

How many people? 10yrs ago we had a blessing for our first anniversary (first marriage, now divorced) and had the reception in a country pub. There were about 20-25 people, they sectioned off an area for us, and we had dinner and bubbly, cake cutting etc. However, we left early evening to walk down the road to a fancy stately home hotel where we had got married a year earlier, and where we were staying that night. So for an afternoon/early evening thing, it worked well. If you want a full on reception with entertainment etc, it may be a little trickier.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

One of my couples owned a pub and had the reception on their grounds and are now thinking of starting this in future. Where are you based?

• W
    Beginner December 2012
    Who-me? ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in Vegas with a pub reception when we get back.

We are having a sit down meal for 25 people at 1730, evening guest arriving 1930 onwards. Evening food will be our cheese stack cake & Parma ham leg with breads crackers & chutneys.

As for closing time will depend on the pubs licence (displayed on the wall if you don't want to ask) our pub has a late licence, also they can stay open as longer as they don't sell any drinks.

Hope that helps

• S
    Beginner December 2013
    StephanieBryan ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we live in Essex

• S
    Beginner December 2013
    StephanieBryan ·
    • Hide content

Does anyone know of any good pub for receptions in Essex? Xxx

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

Our reception is in a pub (Cheshire tho so miles away from you) but thought I would let you know what we have booked:

-We have the pub to ourselves all day and night,

-Arrival nibbles & Drink

-3 course meal for 45 guests

-Evening food for 100 guests

-Some drinks included (welcome drink, drink to toast, tea and coffees and wine on tables)

-Bride & Groom accomadation (inc chocs and champers yum)

This is just under £3000.

There are 6 other rooms which we have allocated for our nearest and dearest and a guest house near by for other people to stay in, people are welcome to join us back at the pub for breakie the next day too- our breakie is included.

Good luck!

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

What about the Cricketers in Clavering - I think it is run by Jamie Oliver's parents and is pretty nice: https://www.thecricketers.co.uk/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics