Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner October 2020

Pub Reception Cost? (West London)

fram66, 17 of November of 2019 at 18:07 Posted on Planning 0

I like the idea of having the reception in a pub, something comfortable and relaxed. I can't find much information on how much it might cost to have one (even a very rough estimate). Looking at 40-50 people at the reception, I'm not sure if a full venue hire would be necessary or if it would possible to just hire a single room? For food, I would like to have some options (particularly for the few vegetarian and gluten intolerant guests) but something along the lines of Sunday roast or fish and chips would be nice (partner and I are both open minded though).

Has anybody done anything similar? I'm really looking for something we can think about and discuss with regard to the budget, but would love to hear your stories as well. Cost breakdowns would also be appreciated (cost for venue hire, cost for food, cost for drinks, etc.)

Background info: Planning to have the ceremony at a church in West Harrow, looking for reception venue within reasonable distance. We both really enjoy craft beer, so any pubs that offer craft beer would be a huge plus. Probably not necessary for this post but partner and I are currently long distance (I'm American, he's British). I'm planning to visit next month and would like to get some more planning done, including visiting possible venues.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics