Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R

Public liability and bands

RomanticOrangeDecor30143, 17 of November of 2017 at 10:27 Posted on Planning 1 2

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help.

We're just about to book a band for our wedding. The contract for the band says that we are responsible for damage caused by our guests. That seems to be quite common.

We purchased wedding insurance a few months ago, and it includes public liability insurance. However, on reading the policy document for our insurance, it says that you are not covered for "any liability assumed by you". Again, this seems to be quite common.

Does that mean that if we sign the contract for our band then we are liable for damage caused by our guests BUT, since we have "assumed liability", our insurance will not cover us if our guests cause damage to the band's equipment?

2 replies

Latest activity by thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk, 22 of November of 2017 at 11:06
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I think you are understanding that correctly. It means you would have to pay for damage yourselves. Call your insurer and see if it's cover that you can add on for a small extra fee.

• Joey@WarbleEntertainment
    Joey@WarbleEntertainment ·
    • Hide content

Hello Smiley smile

Great question. Firstly I really want to know what kind of wedding you are planning... it either sounds deliciously lairy and you're expecting some mad dance floor antics from guests, or you're being meticulously thoughtful and trying to cover yourself for every eventuality. Either way it's good to know these things!

You need to find out if your band have PLI insurance. You can look at this way, your insurance will cover your stuff and the band's insurance will cover any damage to their stuff.

Most professional bands will have PLI insurance. These guys go out so often that this insurance will often cover any accidental damage to their equipment, things happen!

Hey shameless plug but it's relevant, if you book through an agency like Warble then we ensure that every act or band will have the necessary PLI. In fact it's a requirement for joining the agency. However, this will be true for other agency bands too.

Let me know if you have any other questions about booking your band or if you're unsure about anything else.

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Any band that regulaly play weddings will have PLI and bandcare insurance in case of damage or theft etc.

Certainly check with your insurance but I would guess it's just badly worded in their contract.

James

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics