Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2012

Purple and lime green???

Mrs B 2 be, 15 February, 2011 at 21:58 Posted on Planning 0 10

Trying to think of wedding colour ideas for a spring wedding, I really like lime green for something bright but don't want pink. What do people think about lime green and purple?

10 replies

Latest activity by Purple Pixie, 18 February, 2011 at 14:06
  • stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I love it!!! If OH hadn't gone and bought himself a peppermint colour shirt, this is totally what I would have gone for ?

• Dilly2012
    Beginner August 2012
    Dilly2012 ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a wedding where the colours were lime green and purple and I wasn't sure at first but it looked brilliant. The bride chose a really deep purple which set of the lime green really well. She used lots of lime green foliage for the green and groom and is groomsmen had purple waistcoats and lime green carvats. It was lovely.

Colours can be a nightmare. I get married in August 2012 and we keep changing our minds on colours. Currently no idea on what we want!!

• rebeccawp
    rebeccawp ·
    • Hide content

Oooo.... I'm loving the warm purple of those tulips - i think this is a fab colour scheme for a spring wedding - very fresh! Will you have green or purple bridesmaids dresses?

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for your replies ladies, I change my mind all the time too!!! I just needed some reassurance!

I want pewter/slate grey bridesmaid dresses, so was trying to think of bright colours to compliment! x

• rebeccawp
    rebeccawp ·
    • Hide content

Oh yeah loving that slate grey/pewter and purple would be perfect together!!

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

I love it LOVE IT LOOOOOOVEEEEEE ITTTTTT

I have just bought in some purple and lime green card stock to make up a portfolio piece in those exact colours. They look amazing together.

Nat

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Purple , Grey & Lime Green

• theflowerco
    theflowerco ·
    • Hide content

Really beautiful! go for it!

Zoe xx

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

I may be biased but I think it is a brilliant colour scheme! It is what we are having, it all stemmed from H2B being absolutely adament that the wanted purple but I wanted something a bit more unusual so afer some googling we decided to throw lime green into the mix. I really love the combination!

These were the pictures I found on google that inspired me to go for it:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lorasfloral/2110665565/

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IQgUFpdQK78/TFvV2QFHS-I/AAAAAAAAADE/cCX9Ujqgmrs/s1600/Green+%26+Purple+Wedding+Theme+Concept.JPG

xxx

• Linziloo84
    Beginner May 2012
    Linziloo84 ·
    • Hide content

I totally agree with this post!

Maybe because it's what we are going for lol!

My hubby 2 b said he'd were anything but pink or green....so deep purple(eggplant) is what we settled for!

I love green anyway so I knew that the accent colour would have to be a shade of this.

Was so happy when I found so many websites with pics of these two colours togther!

I have now decided that we may add a few hints of cerise pink maybe into the flowers aswell.

Saw this picture that made me think about the pink!

And my little sis (CBM) agreed that the pink would look lovely added in too.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I hate green but those pictures of yours are gorgeous!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics