Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kj82
Beginner December 2010

Q for everyone who's wearing/wore a shrug/bolero/wrap etc

kj82, 13 September, 2010 at 17:41 Posted on Planning 0 10

Are you/did you wear it for the ceremony? Every wedding ive seen where the bride had one she hasnt had it on for the ceremony. I guess its up to me but am I going to look weird wearing a shrug at the ceremony? What's the done thing? I really wanted to cover my arms without had a dress with sleeves. Help!

10 replies

Latest activity by VikingPrincess, 13 September, 2010 at 22:25
  • Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

I've seen brides with wraps wearing them during ceremony, but not shrugs.

I won't be wearing mine in the ceremony, I'd end up fidgeting with it too much!

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a bolero made from the same material as my bodice. It will be long sleeved with a collar. This is for the ceremony. I have a halterneck to attach for the evening. X

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Do what ever you want!

I want a bolero as back-up in case its raining/cold (I'm always cold!) but I dont think I'll wear it for the ceremony either way. Just afterwards when photo's arent being taken as much so I'm not freezing.

However, my friend had one - quite a lacy see-through type one and wore it the whole day - even though it was scorching hot.

HTH

xxx

• L
    Beginner November 2010
    lesley x ·
    • Hide content

I'm looking for a long sleeved one which i will keep on all day as i'm quite big and dont like th etops of my arms x

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I'll be wearing something all day.. I hate my arms up the top so it's not an option to wear nothing on them for me. I want something 3/4 sleeved, will have to try lots on to see what suits me.

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

I wore my faux fur bolero all the way through my ceremony, signing of the registers and going back down the aisle as I got married in February (I don't like to feel cold). I only took it off for some weddings pics showing off my boddice in full and at the reception where the hotel was very, very warm lol. x

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

I had a wrap, and kept it for the ceremony. Many brides who we have done photographs for have kept their bolero or shrug on for the ceremony, so I'd do what you feel most comfortable in.

Can get pretty nippy in a church! x

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too i am going to wear something all day some sort of shrug/bolero to match/compliment the dress ?

• J
    Beginner November 2011
    JST ·
    • Hide content

I want a bolero doo-dah but one with a high back to show of the bodice of the dress if you know what I mean?! I have got a huge flower tattoo on one arm and although I loves it my Mum would very much like a few pics of me in my wedding dress with it covered up hahaha.

• W
    Beginner March 2011
    wedhead ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a lace one and planning on wearing it during the during the ceremony. Do what you like, it's your wedding!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

As I get married in December and my dress is strapless, and as I am not wearing a veil, I have bought a white satin cape trimmed with faux fur which i am gonna have for all the outdoor photos, but also I will wear it coming down the aisle. My OH will lift the hood (instead of a veil) and reveal the tiara and my BMs are taking the cape away as i get to the top. The dress comes with a bolero but i won't be wearing it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics