Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummy2hannah
Beginner August 2011

QQ's - Foam Roses and Buttonhole etiquette??

mummy2hannah, 14 July, 2011 at 21:18 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hey ladies,

Just wanted to know peoples opinions on Foam Roses. Long story, I won't bore you, but these have been suggested for me to have as my bridal boquet!

Also, what's the *done thing* with button holes? I've only been to one civil wedding and ALL the men were wearing single flowers, none for the ladies. I was "informed" today that the groom has a double one, and ALL guests have single ones. Does this all really matter??

xxx

2 replies

Latest activity by TheCakeNinja, 14 July, 2011 at 22:30
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Foam roses are a bit like Marmite... you either love em or hate em! They are popular and reasonably priced but not as realistic as some so personal choice really. My own personal opinion is I don't particular like them because I don't like the way they feel when I'm working with them. I always feel like I'm running my fingernails down a blackboard - that type of feeling! Buttonholes are normally worn only by principal guests these days. Groom, Best man, FOB, FOG, ushers if having them. Corsages are normally provided for MOB and MOG. I always advise against having them for all guests as I've seen them go to waste too many times but again, personal choice and budget.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I have done hundreds of foam Roses Bouquets & Buttonholes & they are still as popular as when they first arrived in the UK. They are quite realistic and lots of people have not even realised they are artificial until they touch them. Many a guest has smelt them & one venue even put the bouquets in water at the reception!!!

Buttonholes are usually single for the Guests & Corsages for the MOB<MOG & Grandmas. The Groom wears a double or slightly fancier buttonhole.

Here are a few examples for you:

Corsages:

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ditto! We get this a lot in the shop! Quite funny at times when people take a big sniff ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics