Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Question about false eyelashes!

25 March, 2011 at 09:53 Posted on Planning 0 10

I've only ever worn those obviously fake false eyelashes, you know - the ones with the glue that goes stringy, and that start to peel off halfway through the evening!

However we are off to a HUGE party tomorrow and I have a gorgeous Vivien of Holloway dress to wear, and am hoping to create a bit of a 1950's look with my make-up. I've bought some of those little individual lashes and when I was reading the leaflet yesterday it says they are semi-permenant and last up to 4 weeks.

Has anyone else used these? Do they really last? I was thinking of putting them on today rather than tomorrow as we might not have a great deal of time to get ready. Do you think that would be ok?

And lastly, does anyone have any tips for putting them on? ?

10 replies

Latest activity by SoontobeMrsSSmith, 25 March, 2011 at 15:30
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

yes and no so not much help!

I generaly use the strip lashes but have used individual ones....they didnt last 4weeeks thats for sure!! I have also had lash extensions done in a salon, now they lasted!! Putting them on is the same principal as the strip lashes, tho you can get them inbetween your own lashes!! Lots of faff tho IMO !

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I've worn them individual ones quite a few times, and I think the answer is that if you know what you are doing and have the experience then they look great and will last, if not then they look bad and will fall off.

When I've had them professional done they look stunning, but I've had friends do them for me (I can manage it myself) and they look nowhere near as good, and then just start to fall off.

• Twickers
    Beginner March 2011
    Twickers ·
    • Hide content

I had some individual ones put on for the wedding, by the makeup lady. Basically, they last as long as you don't rub your eyes or try to take your eye makeup off! So mine only lasted for that day - as I didn't want to leave the mascara on too.

For the day itself though they were well and truly stuck - they weren't going anywhere!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I had individual ones done at my make-up trial and they looked amazing and stayed on all night... until I tried to take my make-up off and then it all went a bit wrong!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

yep you can! i treat them the same as strip falsies!

• Twickers
    Beginner March 2011
    Twickers ·
    • Hide content

Yes, you can wear mascara with them - helps all the lashes look the same texture/colour then. Just give your natural lashes a little curl first though.

Just don't try to take the mascara off or the false ones will come off too...

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

I've used the individual ones that last 4 weeks, if YOU put them on (and havent before) probably wont last, but I got Arch Angels in Debenhams to put mine on for me and they did last about 4 weeks. x

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

With mascara is best to go for a really high quality one. I've learnt from experience that if you don't it just spoils the effect and goes from wow to tarty.

I've also had problems with cheaper brushes catching and pulling the eyelashes out.

Since learning my lesson the hard way a couple of times like that, I always use MAC mascara on them, and it looks perfect, really enhances the look.

And its nice to use and no flaky bits or irretation.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics