Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner March 2016

Question about father of the bride suit

MrsLloyd2b, 24 of August of 2015 at 20:04 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hey, does the father of the bride where the same suit as the best man and ushers? Or something different? My H2B is having a suit made and we are hiring suits for the rest of the men, just not sure if my dad wears the same or if we need to do something to make him stand out?

Thanks! xx

12 replies

Latest activity by Panda-gill, 25 of August of 2015 at 22:19
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I don't think there is a right or wrong. Why not ask your dad what he prefers. My personal choice is different so he's your dad not an usher. Your dad might have his own preferences.

My son had tie pins, groom, usher, father of the bride etc. Same for all the women.

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

My OH, the best man, ushers and both Dads are all wearing the same suits but OH has a different colour waistcoat and cravat. I think my Dad will stand out enough by the fact he's entering the church on my arm and then giving a speech after the meal!

• B
    Beginner July 2016
    bananacatdance ·
    • Hide content

I think it's personal choice. I've only ever seen my dad once in my whole life wear a suit; he doesn't like formal wear particularly so he will wear his own style of suit probably vaguely in keeping with the colourschemes.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsSDtobe ·
    • Hide content

My H2B is wearing a different suit from the groomsmen (who are wearing matching suits that we bought for them) and the dad's are picking their own. We have bought matching shirts and ties for everyone to tie it all together.

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

We're just having all groomsmen, users and fathers in the same suit mainly because it's easier.

Do discuss it with the most important people and see if they want to match or not Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

Both dads are wearing the same suits as Groomsmen for us but I have seen it done all ways. i think its a good idea to have a chat with them and see what they are expecting x

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

OH and his best man are having matching suits and we don't have any ushers. OH's dad, brother and both my dads are all wearing different suits.

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

Groomsmen, my dad and father of the groom will all be in the same suit... and my OH will have a slightly different suit!

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

I think this is down to personal choice. My SIL had everyone (groom, ushers, bestman, dads) in the same suit. My dad is wearing a kilt and jacket. Groom and best men wearing the same suit and we're not having ushers.

Depends how you want everything to match I suppose. It's not something I'm bothered by.

• J
    Beginner June 2016
    Jade8 ·
    • Hide content

My H2B, best man and dad are all wearing the same thing (don't know about father of the groom yet), but I think H2B will have a different colour tie. My dad is so excited to have a matching 3 piece suit, it's ridiculous!!

• MrsV-wasMissB
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsV-wasMissB ·
    • Hide content

Don't think there is s "rule" but we suited mu dad the same as the ushers and grooms dad x

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsLloyd2b ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for your replies, good to hear what everyone else is up to. I will definitely ask my dad what he would prefer. As we have a few colours in our scheme I might see if he'd like a different colour tie to the ushers if he opts for the same suit. I can't wait to see him dressed up, he's been losing weight just my wedding xx

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Panda-gill ·
    • Hide content

We asked my dad what he preferred and ended up having him, the FOG, the best man, the grooms nephew and the groom in the same kilt (with the groom having a plaid over his shoulder to differentiate him) and it looked amazing. My dad wanted to be a part of the group as kilt styles are so different and we had them in tweed Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics