Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner

Question about seating plan at Marylebone Town Hall or other Reg Offices

Colyflower, 1 of August of 2013 at 17:06 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help, I'm a bit confused about the seating plan for our wedding at Marylebone Town Hall. It was all fine until I saw a photoshoot of another wedding in the same place and in the photos the bride's father was sat in chair next to her and the best man was sat next to the groom. Is this normal? I thought once my dad had walked me in, he would go and sit with my mum and the best men would sit back down. I thought the only people that would be at the registrars table would be me and h2b.

I've emailed Marylebone but no response so far so thought I'd ask here before I send the seating plan to my parents.

Thanks

C

7 replies

Latest activity by mariannechuaphotography, 2 of August of 2013 at 13:47
  • mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I think you can sit wherever you want tbh, I've never seen it brought up as a thing, I think they just walked in and plonked down! Which room are you going to be in?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I think its up to you how you want it?

As an aside is Marylebone Town Hall not closing/closed for refurbishments? I recall seeing something about it in the info we recieved from our registrars in Westminster.

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Maybe the photo you saw was signing the register?

• Hide content

Yep Funky is right, it's sadly closing Smiley sad it was a really popular registry office, not sure when it's happening

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

I thought it had already closed but perhaps not. Was a bit gutted as we wanted to book it for next year! Registry office weddings are going to be at Mayfair Library which looks lovely and is in a fantastic location but can only accommodate 40 guests or thereabouts.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Were they the witnesses? We got married in Wandsworth Town Hall and had our brothers as our witnesses. They sat next to us during the ceremony. I'm sure you can ask if you'd rather have it differently.

• C
    Beginner
    Colyflower ·
    • Hide content

We're going to be in the large reception room with the wooden panels Smiley smile The seating was definitely for the ceremony and not signing of register, to be honest I never thought about it until I saw the pictures but we have a chance to ask about it before hand so it shouldn't be a problem, I just thought it was odd.

Yes Marylebone Town Hall is closing for almost 3 years for refurbishment, originally we wanted our wedding in September but it's closing on 31st August so we went with 17th August so we will be one of the last ones in. ITV are doing a programme about the Town Hall and we've been asked if we want to take part, still thinking about that one but it could be fun.

There were rumours that it was closed for the whole of 2013, I've certainly seen this on some of the forums. It does actually say on their website but council websites are horrendous to find information you need that I'm not surprised really.

Thanks for your help, I'm a reassured now, it would have been be a bit crowded as my H2B has two best men.

C

• Hide content

I've shot there twice this year so it wasn't closed back in March, I've shot in the blue room and yellow room, they might be the smaller ones I think!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics