Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2011

Question about short hair and side tiaras

happycamper, 7 of June of 2011 at 21:33 Posted on Planning 0 10

I want something sparkly in my hair for the wedding, probably a side tiara. Before I launch into choosing something, can someone advise on whether this will work on short hair? Some of those I have seen seem so heavy, I imagine it would need a lot of grips to keep them in, which with not a lot of hair doesn't seem really possible. Help?!

10 replies

Latest activity by Lynseys Designs, 10 of June of 2011 at 21:38
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Side tiaras don't need any grips the alice band holds the whole thing in place that's why they are so great for short hair.

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    happycamper ·
    • Hide content

Oh, now I'm confused, it was on a suppliers site I read about using grips! ?

I'll go and look at some of yours instead as maybe yours are lighter to wear. ?

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

If any of my designs appeal then if I have the sample of it you are welcome to borrow it to try before you decided to buy any. Check out my website www.lynseysdesigns.co.uk and FB www.facebook.com/lynseysdesigns1.

Some designs are heavier than others but I can advise which would suit better and one quick example of a light weight design is Blossom.

Both designs are really light and ideal for short hair. Here is me modelling the triple flower with really fine short hair .

If you want to ask anything just drop me an email to ******@**************.**.**. Most of my work is bespoke so designs can be adapted to suit as well as brand new ones created for you.

x

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Some side tiaras which are especially heavy with large brooches attached for example will benefit from grips if you have really fine hair etc but usually they are fine without grips.

If you are after side tiara ideas please feel free to have a look at my site www.louloubelle.co.uk

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    happycamper ·
    • Hide content

Idiot question.... Where on the average high street can I go to try a few things on and see which style suits me? I'd probably buy online, I hate department stores, but need to start somewhere!

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    happycamper ·
    • Hide content

Oooh thanks

? I think OH will smell a rat if I offer to do the food shopping, I hate shopping!! ?

Hmmmm, time to construct a cunning plan..

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Debenhams have some you can try on without anyone bothering you. x

• D
    Beginner August 2011
    daisydooberry ·
    • Hide content

I got mine in claires accessories!

• *Liz*
    Beginner May 2008
    *Liz* ·
    • Hide content

I think they look fab with short hair.

Here is me on the day of my Marriage blessing with a tiara made by the fab Lynsey!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for posting the pic Liz. I really need to get pics of you for my FB page so will message you x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics