Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gillsy
Beginner April 2010

Question about size of fishbowl vases & mirrored plates

Gillsy, 21 September, 2009 at 13:59 Posted on Planning 0 6

If you are having or had fishbowl centrepieces could I ask what size of bowls and mirrored plates you used?? Maybe some of the flower HIBs might have some advice???

I looked at the fishbowls in Au Natural today which the Florist had mentioned - they are 6" tall and 8" wide (at the widest part). Not sure if these will look lost on our tables or if, once they are filled they'll be ok? We are having some Gebras and bear grass in them and will put them on mirrored plates and crystal gems scattered round the table. Also, how much bigger than the bowl should the mirrored plate be to look good???

Any pics would be much appreciated!!!

Ta x

6 replies

Latest activity by MarieMarie1980, 29 September, 2009 at 11:29
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

To give you some ideas these are all 25cm vases on either 25cm or 30cm mirrors:

This one is 25cm Bowl on a 20cm Mirror:

This is a 20cm Bowl on a 30cm Mirror:

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the Sherrie - v helpful. Those vases are 2" bigger than the ones I was looking at. In some of the pictures they look quite big and in others they look perfect for the table.

Just scared incase the 8" (20cm) vases just get lost on the table?!?!?!

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    mrslowndes2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are considering having gowl fish bowls as the centrepieces - but havnt decided yet I know what you mean about the sizes Im going to buy one and have a look and almost do a mock up of the centrepieces then if we do decide for a florial centrepiece Im going to stick it next to the guest book as something decorative.

x

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Bouncing, because i now need some advice on this 2.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks tfmrsC ?

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

It's all a matter of personal taste really, but personally I prefer to use bowls that are at least 25cm diameter otherwise they can get a bit lost, especially once you've got bottles and glasses etc on your tables. Then I'd use a mirror plate of 30cm to give you enough room around the base to put tea lights, crystals etc etc. If you need to go smaller, just make sure you're mirror plates are at least 5cm larger than your bowls.

HTH a bit! Georgie

• MarieMarie1980
    Beginner August 2010
    MarieMarie1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I've bought the fish bowls from Au Naturelle to use as centrepieces. Not sure what the size is, but they were £5.00 each. I'm not putting flowers in tho - I'm using feathers and fairy lights instead. I think they will look great reflecting in the mirror plates.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics