Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

laurafish
Beginner July 2016

Question for OMs who had bubbles instead of confetti

laurafish, 17 of August of 2014 at 21:14 Posted on Planning 0 5

If any of you had bubbles in place of confetti, I was wondering about the liquid leaving marks on my dress when the bubbles pop. Did any of you have this problem? Are there any tips or certain types of bubbles I can buy to avoid this?

Alternatively - anything else we could have in place of confetti? The reception venue doesn't allow it full stop and we think the church will say no because there is at least one other wedding later in the day.

Would love to see flashes of the 'confetti' shot if any of you have them!

5 replies

Latest activity by laurafish, 18 of August of 2014 at 11:11
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I dont think there are are types of bubbles that are less likley the leave any marks. I think the main issue for any marks would be on darker bridesmaids dresses.

But after you have dragged your dress through rain, had it blown under the vintage car engine, swatted flys/wasps -- children in it, I dont think you will notcie a few bubbles that have popped on it.

Your Church may well say no confetti in the grounds but out in the street would be different.

Here are a couple of bubbles- confetti shots for you.

]

• MrsGreen-27/9/14
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsGreen-27/9/14 ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of having bubbles instead when we come out the Church, our Church doesn't allow confetti in the grounds but we can in the lay-by outside the Church. The Church warden said it's because it's then the council's job to clean it up, not theirs!!! Not sure about the leaving a mark on the dress but I doubt it would be noticeable, it's only a very week solution that's used.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Hey twin,

I can only imagine it may show on satin material... Cool idea though, I love bubbles!!! :-)

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

We had them as the chapel wouldn't allow rice, confetti, natural petals- nothing! The wind and rain started as we walked outside, and all the bubbles blew away in the wind!

So, if you are having a pic taken with them, make sure its protected from the wind. I don't recall the bubbles marking my dress, but would be cautious just in case.

Ive seen more issues with petal confetti- at a colleagues wedding, we all threw pink petals. One got lodged on her strapless dress, and it wasn't till the photos were processed, that she realised that ALL the family group shots made it look like a nipple was coming out the top of her dress! Horrors!!!

• chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

I love this idea, they look amazing in photos

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your help!

Bill - I know my dress is likely to get dirty throughout the day but we would have to do the bubble shot at the church straight after the ceremony, so if there were any bubble marks they would be in all the photos from the rest of the day. The street outside the church is a main high street unfortunately Smiley sad Thanks for the pictures though, I do really like the idea Smiley smile

MrsG2B - Unfortunately there is nowhere near the church to do confetti really without making a detour, I'm not sure I'm that fussed about a confetti shot when we already have around an hour of travelling to the reception!

HMM - I thought the same about satin - luckily mine's not satin so hopefully should be fine Smiley smile

Teal - great advice, thank you! There are buildings fairly close to the church entrance on both sides so hopefully we'd be okay from the wind Smiley smile Glad you pointed it out though, I hadn't even thought about that!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics