Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Iris
Beginner

Question for primary teachers- RM maths

Iris, 22 of April of 2009 at 20:48 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

Evening.

Does anyone know anything about RM maths? My son uses it at school and he loves it, he's always telling me about it. I can't find out much about it online. He thinks he's on level 3 and that there are 5 levels. I'd just like to be able to do more than just nod and say "that's nice dear" when he tells me where he is with it.

Thanks.

2 replies

Latest activity by Lominck, 28 of June of 2022 at 21:14
  • S
    sarky ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

RM maths covers the main elements of number with some shape and measure .... target children use it ideally 4 or 5 times a week for 10-15 minutes at a time. You log on as you so the content is personalised. The software continually tests you and moves you on or supports your learning so that in each session you answer a variety of questions that cover strengths and weaknesses. It praises you and if you get it wrong it just moves on without a comment.

/404.asp?url=/store/default.aspx contains some info about the impact it has had

Hope that helps

Sarah

ps if you want to know something specific ask away and I'll try my best to answer them.

• Iris
    Beginner
    Iris ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for that. I know they use it in the IT suite once a week and then in the classroom too. He chooses to do it when they have free choice too! Do you know if I can find examples of what sort of things are on level 3? I'm interested to see what he's up to. I know he's getting about 87%ish right on level 3, on the other levels it was 90%+ which is why the program's moved him up. It sounds like a really clever system.

Oh and final question. He's in reception, he's 5 years old so is level 3 about the right level of attainment?

Many thanks.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics