Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

amberlindsay
Beginner April 2011

Question for those with an Ellis 11032 wedding dress :-)

amberlindsay, 5 March, 2011 at 10:07 Posted on Planning 0 6

Eeeek ?

The wedding dress thread has got me worried because it's given me the realisation that I've been burying my major dress wobbles deep down for about two months now! I don't think it's the dress so much, because I still absolutely love it and think it's gorgeous when I see it; however, I'm just so worried that the accessories (tiara, veil, shoes, hoop etc) that I've bought to go with it just look too much, especially after seeing much simpler wedding dress styles on the other thread. It's worse because my mum is the major influence on advising me because my friends haven't been able to come to the previous fittings and so now I'm worried she's slowly trying to turn me into a princess lol I'm only 5'1" and wear simple styles from day to day and so I'm just worried that I'll look so different from 'me' - but that said; I've always wanted the big white dress and when trying the simpler styles on months ago, I just didn't like them on me.

So I guess my question is, what accessories are you girls wearing with our dress and how are you wering your skirt (big hoop, no hoop?) - maybe if I hear what others are doing for accessories, it will make me feel better about it all and possibly give me some ideas about how to 'tone it down', whilst still keeping it all looking nice. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of me in my dress to show you, but if you want to flash yours and/or accessories, then I'd love to see them and banish all my worries!!

Thanks for listening to me wobble! ?

Lindsay

PS: Have uploaded a moodboard pic so you can get an idea of the style of wedding we're going for (and yep; if you're wondering...yep, the wedding cake is a themed racing car wedding cake!)

6 replies

Latest activity by robertson2b, 7 March, 2011 at 19:54
  • raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

If you are asking about the dress on your mood board it looks exactly like mine although mine isn't an Ellis one but I've seen this posted before and mine is very very similiar. I had mine changed slightly as I wanted blue beading on the bodice and skirt areas where the pearl and embroidery bits are. I don't have any pics of me in it with veil etc ( just in it on its own) but I am wearing a veil. I thought I'd go for a long one but it looked too much so proberly it will be half way down my back. I want one edged with pearls or ribbon as I like how it makes the veil edging stand out a little more. I will be wearing a tiara.

Jewellery wise I planned to wear a freshwater pearl bracelett and necklace my auntie bought me for my 30th, but my OH gave me a very delicate silver bracelett at christmas saying it was for my wedding day! Not sure whether the pearls will go with it or if I will wear another necklace now.

I treid with a hoop and without and it loooks much better with. I borrowed a double hoop from my friend. Personally I think the dress is gorgeous - though clearly I am biased! I don't think the dress needs toning down at all and you shouldn't worry so much!

• AmyLovesPaul
    Beginner May 2011
    AmyLovesPaul ·
    • Hide content

Dress twin!

Right- stop wobbling, its a gorgeous dress!

Looks better with a hoop, and can be with or without the flower on the hip- i'v gone for without!

I chose this dress on my fist shopping trip and only tried on 8 dresses.

It doesnt matter what other people have, because their wedding will be completely different to yours! Everyone's wedding is unique!

If your like me everything was planned around the dress anyway, bridesmaids dresses and flowers etc!!!

• AmyLovesPaul
    Beginner May 2011
    AmyLovesPaul ·
    • Hide content

I'm not wearing any jewellery with it as i think there will be too much going on with my hair to the side as it is...

• R
    Beginner August 2011
    robertson2b ·
    • Hide content

I have the Ellis 11032 dress too! I have always wanted a princess style dress and have taken it to the max slightly. The hoop that I have has 13 layers of net and is called the Jordan hoop however I don't think it looks tooo big. I haven't sorted my jewellery yet but here's a pic of my tiara and me in my dress, will take it down shortly. I had major dress wobbles after not seeing it for about 6months but now I am totally in love with it.

• P
    Beginner August 2011
    pinkglitter ·
    • Hide content

Hi R2b i love your tiara! Can i ask where its from if thats not too cheeky....?

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely love your wedding dress, its gorgeous and I love the flower detailing on the side. I'm having dress wobbles now :-( x

• R
    Beginner August 2011
    robertson2b ·
    • Hide content

Course I don't mind - it's from www.the weddingparty.co.uk

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics