Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

rach_217
Beginner June 2016

Question - Suit Hire!!

rach_217, 30 of October of 2015 at 16:24 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hey Hitchers!!

This may be a really stupid question but where do you start with suit hire?! I've been looking online, and we kind of know what we want but there are so many suppliers! I done the outfit builders etc - do you book an appointment and do with all males to try on or should just me & h2b go on have a look first?

I'm a bit baffled with where to go from looking online to the hire and I want to get it organised this side of Xmas!!! ?

Thanks in advance lovely ladies xxx

6 replies

Latest activity by rach_217, 30 of October of 2015 at 21:38
  • L
    Beginner July 2016
    Little_MrsA2B ·
    • Hide content

I posted this same question a little while ago. Be warned about Moss Bros... there were endless bad reviews about them and I felt awful for some couples as it was terrible... suits not turning up, the wrong sizes, dirty, ripped and refusing to do anything to resolve the situation.

We went with Young's at Debenhams in the end. Had a look online for the kind of suits he liked, then I think OH went there to get measured. Now we have booked so we need to get the other guys to go to their local store to get measured and suits arrive a week beforehand. It was cheaper than MB too and looked great.

If you are based in the north, Slaters had excellent reviews too.

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    Steepdene ·
    • Hide content

We have a shop locally which hires and fits the suits. My H2B and I went into the shop along with my two kids. We decided between us what we wanted in terms of colours. They were all measured (except my youngest who's 10) and we told them how many others there would be. Each of the groomsmen will go to the shop individually to be measured up. My 10 year old goes in about 6 weeks before the wedding, as he's likely to grow! We'll pick the suits up a few days before the wedding and they will be returned on the Monday or Tuesday after the wedding.

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much. I'd heard bad things about Moss Bros already so we are avoiding them - not thought of Debenhams so will give them a look! Think next step is for me & h2b to go in and try on and then take it from there!

Appreciate you getting back to me :-)

• Wayne La
    Wayne La ·
    • Hide content

I've seen so many suits where the only adjustments are the leg length and waist resulting in trousers that are MC Hammer baggy. Not a good look for wedding photos I'm afraid: Ill fitting bottoms and beautiful wedding dresses don't mix!

• B
    Beginner February 2016
    BearFeb2016 ·
    • Hide content

I didn't think of debenhams either! We were originally going to buy suits for the groomsmen as we didn't want mourning suits and didn't like the moss bros selection of normal suits and the bad reviews were a put off. In the end we've opted to hire from the same shop I've bought my dress from. They've started to do a selection of suits which were exactly what we were looking for at for £50 a pop, we couldn't grumble! Hope you find somewhere nearby!

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

The fit is definitely something I'm worried about as I've been to weddings with badly fitted suits and I agree it doesn't look good!

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds great BearFeb, a bargain! We've also considered buying the suits, I think we'll prob go and try a few one and see how they fit xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics