Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

samidolls
Beginner September 2015

Questions about giving notice

samidolls, 3 of November of 2014 at 19:00 Posted on Planning 0 5

So I have booked for us to give notice in a few weeks (for some bizarre reason we have to do it before December even though we aren't getting married until September 2015). Anyway I just wanted some advice on what happens in the appointment

Do we have to have all our music choices for then? Or will it just be them asking us questions?

thanks!!

5 replies

Latest activity by Future Mr's R, 5 of November of 2014 at 10:41
  • Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

You'll be interviewed together and separately. You will each need to know each other's details (D.O.B., full name, job title, time at current address, etc.) I don't think you do music choices then, but first time I got married we gave notice in a different area to where we lived so did readings and music over the phone with the registrar who was officiating and this time we're having a Humanist ceremony and the no frills legal bit, where you don't get music choices, so I'm happy to be corrected on that point.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    Clairebo ·
    • Hide content

Hi. We gave notice today. We were interviewed separately. Just had to confirm details like dob for both, give full names, job title, address and confirmed identity with the relevant documents you have to take in. Paid £35 each notice fee and we're given a receipt confirming wedding date, venue and time. Details of outstanding payments. Attached to this was the different wording we could choose from for the ceremony. You can add any readings that you want. You must have the legal wording which is required but you can add on what you like. You also get to choose whether u want the registrar to ask who gives ........ To be married to ...... So u can personalise it. On this form you also have to inform what music you are having. You get to take this form away to fill in and discuss. Ours has to be back approx a month before the wedding date for approval and to pay final payment, so plenty of time yet!! Bare in mind a civil ceremony cannot have any religious mention. So any readings or songs cannot be religious. ie no hymns or bible readings. We wanted do heaven by dj Sammy for my walk in and we can't have it because of the word heaven!!! Grrrrrr Good luck and it's nothing to worry about. We had a lovely male registrar and was made to feel at ease. X

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much! Thanks really helpful! Xx

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    Milly_Bride ·
    • Hide content

We were actually interviewed together and just gave personal details , paid the fee and confirmed we weren't already married!

We were advised to give notice by the end of October even though we are also not getting married until September 2015...

• Paul & Dawn
    Beginner July 2015
    Paul & Dawn ·
    • Hide content

We gave notice a few weeks ago, we were interviewed together, asked the usuals e.g. full names, DOBs, occupations, time at current address. We were asked if we had been married before (registrar told us a story about a man who 'forgot' he'd been married before and on the day of the wedding when questioned just before the ceremony he mentioned it and the wedding couldn't proceed!) and whether we were related.

The one thing that did throw us was when the registrar asked for my OH's father's details e.g. full name, DOB, occupation; OH hasn't seen him for 10 years and didn't know what to put. The registrar explained that the fathers details go on the official certificate and that we could fill it in with what we do know or we could leave it blank. OH is going to decide before the big day as it can be changed right up until the last minute.

Dawn

• Future Mr's R
    Beginner October 2015
    Future Mr's R ·
    • Hide content

When we booked our registrar they sent a letter saying we must give notice between 16/10/14 and 16/11/14 (we get married on the 16/10/2015) but when we rang our local registry office to book our appointment to give notice, they told us you can give notice any time before the day as long as it is at least 14 clear days before the wedding, which is really confusing considering we have all been told different things. We're now going in December, hopefully the person on the phone got it right Smiley smile

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics