Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

questions for the meeting with the minister

4 of December of 2014 at 11:19 Posted on Planning 0 7

We will be arranging our first meeting with the church minister after New Year. He has already pencilled our date in, but had to wait for a proper meeting til then.

Im trying to put together a list of things we need to ask him, as I know we will forget loads on the day.

so far I have-

When do we give notice? to who and what to take with us.

are we allowed photographer taking photos inside the church?

do they have an organist we could use?

time for service?

can we decorate the church?

how many hymns do we choose?

can anyone think of anything else I should add?

xx

7 replies

Latest activity by Rachey3671, 5 of December of 2014 at 20:20
  • kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Are you allowed confetti in the church grounds?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Wet weather fall back.....can you use the church for photos if weather outside is wet.

Are there time constraints with a wedding before or after yours

If more than one wedding, which theme is ok for the church flowers/decoration....can you share these costs with other wedding.

The Bells

Choir.......very useful as they help lead the guests in to the singing...nothing worse than just the minister bellowing out.....

Music or choir during the signing.....

hth

Peter

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What Peter said above but most importantly if you care about photos then is the pro photographer allowed to take them.

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

I may be able to help with your first question: if you're getting married in a Church of England (or Church in Wales) church, you don't need to give notice - your minister will read banns in church service for 3 weeks, and that satisfies legal requirements. If you live in a different parish to where your church is, you may also need to get banns read there as well.

In addition to how many hymns, how many readings?

And practicalities for the day, such as will there be someone from the church around as well as your ushers (and what is the charge for that) and anything you need to know about parking restrictions etc?

Also if you haven't already found out, will he want you to attend marriage prep classes?

But all that said, don't worry about asking him the right questions, he will have done many weddings and be well-practiced, so will likely cover most things anyway, and you have plenty of time to go back to him with anything that occurs after that first meeting. ?

• X
    Beginner December 2014
    xmasangel14 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in a Church of England in 3 weeks times, you might want to ask about Bells (if you want them) If you want the church decorated in flowers, the church will normally have somebody who does that at a fraction of the cost. Our church is also doing our order of service for free.

You normally have upto 4 hymns and 2-4 readings, one of which must be a bible reading.

Our vicar also told us about this website and we planned the whole service from it without any help from her.

http://www.yourchurchwedding.org

• R
    Beginner February 2015
    Rachey3671 ·
    • Hide content

Make sure you get a final price - we got a quote for service over phone but then when we meet added costs such as cleaning and heating all added up.

I feel our church might be a rip off £1200 for a 35 minute service - 2 hymns and only 1 reading which cant be extended due to weddings after. But this does include the bells and flowers.

If you get invited to a wedding prep day I would recommend going, it really did make us question situations we had never thougt about before and what was important to us going on x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics