Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

raincloud
Beginner August 2011

questions to ask the vicar

raincloud, 19 June, 2010 at 14:50 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi, I'm new to this site. Only engaged a few weeks ago but we want to be married by next summer - this October if possible! Anyway, we have a meeting with the vicar in a few days and I wondered what questions I should ask him. Obviously we need to find out free dates, times, etc but what else should I find out? Thanks, RC.

1 replies

Latest activity by raincloud, 20 June, 2010 at 21:24
  • lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Hi - congratulations! I would ask about any rules around which readings you have, and music, fees to get married there, fees for choir, organ and bells, how long the service will be (so you can co-ordinate with your venue and car hire etc), if photography and filming is allowed, if someone does their flowers or if you organise your own - and if they do more than one wedding a day if you can share the flowers with the other people (will save you loads of dosh!), and then I suppose stuff about when the rehearsal will be, etc. There is prob more but he will probably be asking you guys a few questions which will get the ball rolling. Oh he'll probably also check you know what marriage means etc and check you really love each other which I think is SO lovely, just to prepare you! Good luck x

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

Thats great! Thanks, didn't even think about readings! Thanks for your help.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics