Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tracey86
Beginner October 2012

Quick Question about Iron on Diamante Transfer Thingy's...

Tracey86, 1 April, 2012 at 19:18 Posted on Planning 0 4

I will be wearing some fairly unattractive but necessary scaffolding type knickers for the day itself but would like to order some nice pants for the wedding night/mini-moon. I've seen some lovely satin french knicker types and would like to personalise them with the diamante transfers that say "Mrs xxxxxx" on the bum.

Do you think I could use these iron on transfers onto satin or would it ruin the pants?

4 replies

Latest activity by Tracey86, 1 April, 2012 at 19:59
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Save yourself some hassle and order from blingin bloomers online Smiley smile

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you but just looked, they don't do my size and also are more expensive than doing it myself.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

You can definitely do it onto cotton knickers. The rule with most iron on transfer seems to be the higher the cotton content the better the result. I assume because the natural fibres of cotton are better to adhere to and can also withstand the high temperatures.

Are the satin knickers actual satin/silk or polyester/nylon. Because I think the latter may melt. I'm not really sure but could you ask the seller of the transfer for advice? They might be able to do a dummy run for you on a scrap of similar material.

The other option is printing off your name, lightly pencilling it onto the French knickers, then gluing diamantes on by hand (use gem-tac glue, once dry it's flexible and washable at 40'c, although I'd distill advice a hand wash to make them last). I've done this for a pair of mine and a pair for my bridesmaid and it's quite easy.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Ah fair enough. I got some from there and their sizes aren't exactly generous (the 10 I ordered is more like an 8, so the diet must continue!!!). For me it was easier than maybe wasting a few pairs of expensive undies trying to get it right though. Hobbycraft do loose diamantes that you can stick onto clothing or shoes - that may be an option. I'd try on a cheap cotton pair first, then risk your decent silk stuff!

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm....thats what I thought about them melting. Maybe I will get some loose diamantes and try myself then... I'll go and price that option up - thanks ladies.

MrsH, I'm a plus size girl so can't buy from many of the standard bride gift type sites, I do appreciate the help though Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics