Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner December 2015

Quickie weddings - searching for a venue!

hollynrobinson, 19 of October of 2015 at 14:54 Posted on Planning 0 4

Me and my fiance are looking for a venue for our wedding, which we hope to be in the next 3 months, or 6 months maximum. We only have 6 guests (so eight people total) and we don't need a reception or anything. We literally just want to get married!

However we still want a beautiful location and would love to be in a forest somewhere. I can't really find anything online - does anyone know of anywhere in England that does quickie forest weddings?

Many thanks!

4 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 19 of October of 2015 at 17:48
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

You could look at venues licences for weddings that have a garden. Our friends got married outside in a vineyard. If it's not a location that has a licence you could have a celebrant wedding anywhere you can get permission for like a friends garden. It isn't legal as such and you just nip to the local registry anytime before or after with either your party or two witnesses to do the legal bit. If you want a forest what about asking the national trust or forestry commission (or whatever that is called). Or some ruins etc. I'm not sure you can just nip in somewhere and do it without permission. Well.... I suppose it depends if you get caught! Good luck with it I look forward to hearing your plans.

You could just have a meal afterwards at a restaurant. I'm a great believer in photos. I only have two guests but I have a photographer for an hour.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

If I remember rightly you need an outside structure to marry outside and I found it really hard finding a forest when I looked for a friend. Have you considered a registry office then blessing in forest? Or an alternative venue in trees

http://www.alnwickgarden.com/explore/whats-here/the-treehouse

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

OMG I love the treehouse!

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I rememeber seeing it on don't tell the bride it was beautiful. Unfortunately the brides shoes didn't fit so she was barefoot! It is a stunning venue though

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Google one life ceremonies. They have a section on outdoor weddings and will help you find somewhere. It's a non legal wedding so needs a quick registry office. Just treat the ceremony as the wedding and the registry office as the legal bit.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics